• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

don't lose that spark of madness
    Anamosa had awakened the moment she'd heard the low grunt from the horse in front of her. Her long legs snapped into place beneath her and she stumbled to her feet. She pinned her ears lightly and drew herself up to her full height. She decided to ignore the questions the horse in front of her; they seemed rhetorical anyways and she spent the time observing the mare that had spoken. She was stranger looking than any horse Anamosa had ever seen, but to be fair she hadn't seen much in her short life. The golden mare snorted and pawed, unsure of the newcomers intentions towards her, especially when words of bloodthirsty predators fell from her snarling lips. The wide smile raised the hairs on the back of Anamosa's neck and she shifted her weight between her front and back legs, contemplating whether she should listen to her fight or her flight instinct. She decided waiting it out would be best for now, and forced her limbs to settle. After the mares introduction (if one could even call it that), she gave a cautious reply of her own name. "My name is Anamosa."

A sudden flash of movement caught Anamosa's eye as a large roan stallion approached the pair of horses. 'Here we go again,' she thought, and snapped her dusky ears a bit closer to the top of her head. The other horse however brought along more of a quiet, calming energy, therefore prompting her ears to raise from her golden head in an open curiosity. She snickered at his opinion of the strange, horned mare and gave him a slight grin of appreciation. "I'm sorry if I crossed a line by resting here. I have been traveling for quite a while. To answer your question, I left my herd." The mares pale hazel eyes dropped to the ground somewhat sadly, lost for a moment in the memory of all those she had left. "The good things in my old life did not weigh out the bad." She did not know how else to explain without going into her life story, so she left it at that. She relished in the feeling of the icy gust of wind that ruffled through her inky mane and tail, and her questioning eyes traveled between the pair of horses, waiting for a response and hopefully an explanation. 

Messages In This Thread
    don't lose that spark of madness - by Anamosa - 08-28-2015, 03:21 PM
    RE: don't lose that spark of madness - by Jynxs - 08-28-2015, 03:38 PM
    RE: don't lose that spark of madness - by Zeik - 08-28-2015, 04:37 PM
    RE: don't lose that spark of madness - by Anamosa - 08-29-2015, 12:13 PM