• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

For Tantalize

There is a lost and breathless moment when the gray mare fears all hope has vanished. That Tantalize will not help her, and Minette will be forced to watch her daughter grow up under the careful instruction of a cruel dictator. The corruption of her innocent daughter would be her undoing. She feels she can bear so much in her life, but not her child suffering because of a whim of fate. She would make any sacrifice to keep the wolf at bay.

But the moment of terror passes, Liz speaks, and a wave of gratitude and relief sweeps over Minette. She releases a shaky breath.

"Merci. Thank you." The words are simple but the soft, grateful look in Min's eyes speak beyond her words. For a space in time she looks more like the hopeful, playful mare she used to be. It passes, and all that remains is her haggard, scarred form.

Minette relishes Liz's gentle touch. She can't remember the last time someone was so kind to her. Every touch Gryffen has laid on her has been in punishment or as a mockery of a caress, a reminder of who she belongs to.

"More than almost anything I would like to go with you but I cannot." Minette breathes deeply. Every inch of her hates the steps back to the mountains she must take but she knows that she has no choice. Anguisette's life is worth more than hers. "He will pursue her, but he would be doubly persistent if I accompanied her. I hope that by staying I can distract him from my daughter."

The price she will pay for being that distraction lies unspoken. She has an inkling of an idea of what awaits her when Gryffen returns to find his daughter spirited away. Minette nearly loses her nerve, her body shuddering. Before her courage can fade on her, she straightens her neck and looks into Liz's eyes.

"I cannot thank you enough. If there is ever anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate. You will know where to find me."

She has so little to give, but she offers it wholeheartedly. And then with a hurried dip of her head, Minette turns and sprints away, unwilling for Gryffen to find her in the Meadow.

Messages In This Thread
    For Tantalize - by Minette - 09-08-2015, 08:28 PM
    RE: For Tantalize - by Tantalize - 09-08-2015, 08:56 PM
    For Tantalize - by Minette - 09-08-2015, 10:22 PM
    RE: For Tantalize - by Tantalize - 09-09-2015, 12:40 PM
    For Tantalize - by Minette - 09-09-2015, 02:31 PM