• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sunrise looks like morning in your eyes

we dance with the devils
    your halo's the color of sinner's portraits

I’d wished myself into a world with no name, and while it had been a nice world, it was not home.

Home is Beqanna.

And so I wished myself back. I lost something along the way (I later learned it was time), and while the Field I walk into looks familiar, I am so much farther ahead than I was when I had left. Winter is slowly releasing her grasp, and the sunshine on my back is almost warm. The light glints off the gold rings along my ears and the bands around my ankles, the only visible markings I’ve chosen to wear upon my homecoming. My coat is the same soft grey that I was born wearing, complete with the primitive markings I inherited from my mother and the single patch of tobiano white across my withers that Father had given me.

It is time I find somewhere to lay my head.

The Desert doesn’t call to me the way it did to my siblings, and while I have only fond memories of the golden dunes I know that my destiny does not lie beneath that wide blue sky. Mother had told me once, far from Father’s hearing, that I reminded her of her mother. I hadn’t known then why she had spoken it so quietly, but I know now that when an Evil Princess throws away her inheritance for love of a Light Prince, reminiscing about home is something that is simply not done.

Perhaps I will go to the Chamber, I think; perhaps I should see what my mother had turned her back on.

Or perhaps I’ll go somewhere else entirely.

d j i n n i
    priam x aseret
    current form: smoky grullo tobiano arabian-hybrid mare

D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    sunrise looks like morning in your eyes - by Djinni - 09-29-2015, 06:21 PM