• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there is beauty in the darkness

And so they come. I take in their scents, my ears flicking forward to hear their approach. A male first, smelling of a damp earthiness. He is brash and impetuous. Healing waters is not something I've heard of, but I can't imagine what use they would be to me. I do have the odd bruise now and then from my lack of attention, but those seem a trivial reason.

A mare appears then, before I can respond to his immediate offer. This one smells overwhelmingly of flowers. I wrinkle my nose. Daisies and wild roses. Beautiful to look at, I've heard, but they drown out the smell of almost everything else and leave me scent blind as well as eye blind. I am not a fan of flowers. Her words tumble out ahead of her, and I start to wonder if perhaps everyone has been practicing a pre approved speech.

"You don't even know me. I could be plotting to infiltrate the first kingdom who invites me in and destroy them." I deadpan. A moment passes before I add dryly, "Wouldn't you like my name first?"

Another approaches, interrupting what is sure to be a delightful chat. I prick my ears forward. Curious. She smells of the similar earthiness that the male does. She introduces herself as Piety, and I dip my head politely.

"That's a change. I thought for sure you were going to ask me to sleep with you, the way my day is going." I grin at her wryly. "I'm Saskya. I'm blind and I'm afraid to say this, but I have very few ambitions at the moment beyond my immediate safety. But I will be loyal to whatever home I choose."

Some horses have the luxury of adventure and travel, but I have to be more careful. A lone blind mare is easy prey. For predators of both equine and other natures.

SASKYA
    there is beauty in the darkness

Messages In This Thread
    there is beauty in the darkness - by Saskya - 10-04-2015, 07:27 PM
    RE: there is beauty in the darkness - by Chezter - 10-07-2015, 04:13 AM
    RE: there is beauty in the darkness - by Nadyah - 10-07-2015, 04:20 AM
    RE: there is beauty in the darkness - by Piety - 10-07-2015, 02:12 PM
    there is beauty in the darkness - by Saskya - 10-07-2015, 08:26 PM