• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm still waiting for the world to end; mast, any
    fiasko
    Sadness fills her as she crosses the border. After the events of the past year, she’d thought she’d never see this place again, that she’d never, ever come home. It’s wonderful to see it again, to see the new growth that Straia had spoken of springing up all over. But she can’t stay. She has to go back.

This will truly be the last time she sees the Gates. Unless the Chamber decides to be benevolent, but that is unlikely. This will be the last time she ever sees her home.

When she reaches the garden at the centre of the kingdom (still littered with the ashes of the Mother Tree) she stops and calls out. The shadow raven on her shoulder digs its claws in - a little reminder of what she came here to do.

She hopes they understand, but she doesn’t think they will, not completely. She’d been all but useless as queen and had failed to build up their defences, had failed to protect them. It’s the least she can do to make such a deal, to give up her freedom for their safety and to make up for her deficiencies.

She only wishes it hurt less.

i'm still waiting for the world to end

Messages In This Thread
    i'm still waiting for the world to end; mast, any - by Fiasko - 10-15-2015, 12:31 AM