• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we are aching bones and wasted years; esileif

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

He had been told that before, that he is a charmer, and he was unsure of how to feel about it. On one hand, he was flattered by it—pleased of the implied meaning that he made those around him feel good about themselves. On the other hand, he did not like the snaking truth of manipulation; he did not like that others may assume his words were meant to deceive or coerce others into making certain decision. That aspect of the word left a bitter taste in his mouth. He, of course, does not put all of this onto her, and he just smiles his roguish, crooked smile, gold-flecked eyes flashing kindly. “I sure am something.”

What he was…well that was often beyond even him.

Walking alongside her, he caught some of the changes in her expression, but did not comment on them, instead turning his gaze outward toward the rest of the kingdom where the members milled about, slept, or even left for the field. It was quiet, but there was an undercurrent of a pulse; it was the rumblings of a giant who was waking from slumber. Nothing filled him with more pride than that. Nothing ever would.

“No man worth his salt would promise you the world,” he finally responds. “I believe you could help fashion the Gates into something great; I believe you could write your name into the history books here. But can I affirm that?” He shakes his head, smile a little sad, “I can’t. I won’t. I respect you too much to promise you something I cannot personally deliver.” A thoughtful pause, “But I believe in what you can accomplish—believe in you, believe in the untapped potential here.” He laughs a little, “Although, and this is against my better interests, I believe you could accomplish something wherever you choose as home. Some people just strike me as someone who wants to change the world. You are one of them.”

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we are aching bones and wasted years; esileif - by magnus - 11-14-2015, 12:12 AM