• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

out of the ashes - kavi, bergamont, erebor
    She can’t help the smile that crosses her face at the sound of his call. Her Uncle’s voice has grown familiar over the years, and his absence had been noticeable. Expected, of course, and she still knows that he may only be here to tell her that he will not be returning. That he will follow his brother to the Valley. It was a gamble she had made when she allowed Eight to crown her, when she had offered her father as the payment.

Though she still owed Eight something else. Something he had not yet decided, but in truth, she would fight him if his decision harmed her kingdom. She didn’t care. She had her crown and the things she wanted, and while he could take it all away, she didn’t think angering him or not would stop that. Eight could do as he pleased, but in the end, she was more valuable to him as an ally than an enemy.

She’s been wandering the pine forests with Erebor, but she leans down and with a light touch to his shoulder, “Stay here for a bit, okay? I’ll call you over soon.” He’s perhaps too young to leave wandering about by himself – at least some other mothers might think so. But she trusts that he’ll be alright inside the Chamber’s borders. Between Warship and herself, the boy rarely didn’t have some level of an eye on him. He was the beginning of the next generation in the Chamber – something they desperately needed. It made him all the more precious.

She finds Kavi easily enough and greets him with a nod, though he’s obviously lost in his own thoughts. She laughs slightly as he startles, unable to help herself, but she doesn’t speak until he does. The news is better than she expected, and she grins. “You don’t have to reclaim it. It’s always been yours. You just had to decide to take it.” She had left him as governor because to remove him seemed premature, seemed like she was asking for him to go. And that was far from the case. “Don’t apologize. I’m would have understood if you left, but I admit, I’m glad you decided to stay.”

But then he switches topics, calling over his son that she’s heard so much about. The boy is a yearling now – so quickly the year has disappeared before her – and golden like Rayelle and Kora and Rhy. Unlike her and her father. Unlike her own son. The boy says nothing, and Straia casts Kavi a quick glance, a question in that glance, though she can draw her own assumptions. Perhaps he’s shy, but she doubts that. Not with Kavi as a father. “Welcome to the Chamber, Bergamont. I’ve heard quite a lot about you.”

She smiles warmly at the boy, before turning back to Kavi who’s asking about her own time. ”Ah, yes, well,” she laughs, shaking her head slightly before letting out a call for her own son. “I suppose you might as well meet the newest member of the family,” she says, turning around as her son makes his way out of the pine forests and toward the group. He looks like Warship. Likely, she won’t need to tell Kavi who the father is. Though it does seem amusing that their last conversation had ended with her wanting nothing to do with children. But then again, they hadn’t been useful to her. As Queen, she needed a child or two. And moreover, the Chamber needed new blood. Loyal blood. Her son would be that. She would make certain of it.

“Kavi, Bergamont, meet Erebor.”

straia

queen of the chamber

Messages In This Thread
    out of the ashes - kavi, bergamont, erebor - by Straia - 04-03-2015, 07:16 PM
    there will be scars - by Erebor - 04-03-2015, 10:21 PM