• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll burn this whole city down; michaelis
    She's been feeling … melancholic, as of late.  And really, it’s her daughter’s fault.  Lyris had never expected to have children, had never wanted them.  She’d always thought of children as annoying, mewling little obnoxious things that are damn near impossible to get rid of.

And then she’d had Lexa.

The little spotted girl had been a pleasant surprise.  Quiet, cautious, well-mannered - everything Lyris is not.  The girl had been a pleasure to raise.  

But now Lexa is an adult, or at least, almost an adult, and becoming more independent by the day.  And Lyris is, much to her own surprise, starting to miss having a child tagging along at her heels.  But Lexa is busy with her own business these days.

So instead, Lyris has come here to the meadow.  To find a distraction.

No one interests her right off the bat, so she walks.  Her feet carry her aimlessly about the meadow, on and on until she reaches the sandy beaches of the lake.  She walks forward until her hooves sink into the calm lake waters, then stops.  Her orange-flecked eyes stare blankly across the dark waters.  She definitely needs a distraction.
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

Melancholic Lyris is a huge struggle to write. Sorry for the horribleness. D:

Messages In This Thread
    I'll burn this whole city down; michaelis - by Lyris - 12-10-2015, 11:24 PM