• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

between the shadows and the soul - any

At first it was overwhelming when the flames came to life. watching the images writhe around, changing to show what she can recognize, and other things that seem impossible. Things that are familiar, but she knows have never happened. Things that still haunt her dreams. Nerissa. Belgarath. Sayaa. War. The birds. Shaytan’s mind whirls, her eyes growing distant until the pictures fade. She’s beginning to come back to their world when Straia’s voice (sultry and sexy and summoning) yanks her the rest of the way.

You’ve done well, Shaytan
    Ugh, she could just melt. Her name on her Queen’s lips. It’s the boon she’s always yearning for.

And then, she says it: Priestess. The spotted mare can hardly believe what she is hearing! Her crazy eyes light up, ignited at the thought that the tree would be all hers (well - the Kingdom’s - but hers, mostly), and that she is now somebody important. She is someone to Straia. She has finally found a way to prove herself! “Of course I want it,” she ekes out, elation flooding her veins like a heroin addict’s much-longed for high. “Anything you ask.” And you know she means it.

“I saw some of my childhood. The box and the bunnies and my daughter. But they weren’t.. right. They weren’t what really happened. There was war, but I couldn’t tell who was winning. A fire-raven flew into the sky and then dove back down to the ground. There was a dragon, too…” Poor Shaytan. It’s all a little confusing for her right now. But even if it is confounding, she knows that she will guard this tree with her life. She will give her all for Straia, and for the Tree. No one has ever put that much faith in her before… and no one is likely to again.  

shaytan

when people run in circles, it's a very, very mad world

Messages In This Thread
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - any - by Sarah - 02-11-2016, 05:16 PM