• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The whispers, do you hear them? (Joscelin)

There's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye.

Her day, to this point, had been very quiet. Boring, almost. In truth, she had spent much of the morning wandering, taking in the views from the upper reaches of the skies, lounging for only a moment or two beneath the boughs of a massive oak tree, listening to the wind whisper soft melodies through the newly budding branches of spring trees. Doing everything except what she actually should have been doing. Which, in truth, she wasn’t actually avoiding. Sometimes a body just needed a break.

Her silent reverie is broken however when she hears quiet sobbing. Her white tipped ears flick atop her delicately lined head as her golden eyes survey her surroundings, searching for the source of the heart-wrenching sound. Then, there in the distance, she catches sight of a small white filly dotted with black. A small frown touches her lips as she watches the child in concern. A moment later, a stallion approaches her, sending the girl fleeing in fright. Joscelin is spurred into action by that sudden movement, completely helpless to resist the call of such a defenseless creature.

As she flies past, she aims a sharp nip at the unwitting stallion, a small reprimand for the way he had frightened the girl. She continues on however, not pausing to further berate him, her concerned attention focused upon the fleeing child.

She locates her again in short order, dropping to the ground with a gentle thud a short distance away. She drops her head, hoping to appear as non-threatening as possible. Although, given that her red and white skin is scored by a network of dark cracks, it is rather hard for her to look threatening, even with the occasional pulse of light that slides along the myriad fissures. She can hear the girl’s rapid breathing, the stammered words as she tries to convince herself that she is safe.

”Hey there.”

Joscelin’s words are soft and unassuming as she takes a slow step nearer in an effort not to frighten her further.

”You are safe. I’ll protect you, I promise.”

She smiles then, a small, gentle smile that she had learned from her own mother. She takes another step nearer, wanting to comfort her yet afraid that any touch might set her to fleeing once again.

”I’m Joscelin.”

Joscelin

Tiphon x Elysteria

html c insane | picture c mikanicole.deviantart.com

I'm sorry for the atrociously long wait :/ This isn't the greatest but I wanted to get something up for you so we could get this going

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The whispers, do you hear them? (Joscelin) - by Joscelin - 01-25-2016, 12:26 AM