• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

"Thunder is the sound of hoofbeats in heaven..."
    Watching carefully as Djinni reverted back to the chastener Arabian mare she'd first met (if she really even was an Arabian), Raxa took a step back herself, snorting again, warning the mare to now keep her distance.

The brindle mare remained wordless as Djinni explained how she had done what Raxa had witnessed, before going on to explain that she could do a number of other things, including the act of granting wishes. For some reason, Raxa was a bit melancholy, as putting two and two together, a memory had returned to her.

When Raxa was barely over a month and still living with her parents, her mother had often told her stories, some she made up, some she didn't. One of those stories she'd told of was of a creature that could grant wishes, often referred to by those two-legged demons as a genie. Raxa didn't know exactly what that word meant or anything, but considering that Djinni's name sounded quite like that of the creature Raxa's mother had once told her about, the reason behind granting wishes became a little less strange.

Of course, Raxa figured that couldn't be the only explanation behind her abilities, but she wouldn't probe any further. It would probably take days if not hours for Djinni to fully explain how she could do what she could.

Recognizing she'd been asked a question, Raxa simply looked back up at the now chestnut mare, "Of course I've wished for something. Everyone has at some point, but the one thing I've always wished for is the one thing that I can never have!

"All these mares living here in this... Field, or whatever, always proclaim how great it is to have their own families and foals that look normal. Then they see someone like me, and do you know what I get? I receive glances of pity or suspicion. Some don't trust me simply because I don't look like them, and others feel bad for me because they know I probably come from a rough background. For all they know, I could've come from a happy family, and just wound up with this unusual coloring.

"Do you know what I want Djinni?! I want others to stop taking one look at me and assuming I'm either some otherworldly being meant to bring chaos or that I deserve pity! I don't deserve it, and I don't want it!"

She finished her statement with another rear, kicking out her front legs as her anger grew. Only when she finished her trade did she settle back down on the Earth, realizing what had just happened. Never before had something like that happened. Why had she done that? Why had she opened herself up to the mare like that?

Raxa had never before done anything like that, only because she didn't know who she could trust. At this point, she still didn't know if she could even trust Djinni, not after keeping her secret only to reveal it in the way that she had by switching from the chestnut mare to something else.

Instantly regretting what had happened, Raxa turned on her haunches and took off at full speed, intent on leaving Djinni behind and once again resuming her lonely trek through the meadow.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: "Thunder is the sound of hoofbeats in heaven..." - by Raxa - 02-08-2016, 01:25 PM