• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

devil don't go where i make my home. [chantale]
    cast me down where the devil don't go
        Gentle rays of sunlight peeked in through the dense foliage, illuminating the moist soil and shining off of what little snow and sleet remained, sheltered from warmth. The light paved the path for the lithe but curvaceous female that sauntered through. Slowly, she stepped and bounded around each leaning oak, dodging and weaving through the forest. Her breath was warm but the air too cold, and her lungs burnt from her long morning's travel. Her charcoal coat blended in well with the dark emerald and cocoa brush surrounding her, though her steps were hardly careful and quiet - old dried leaves crunched softly beneath her weight and twigs snapped with each movement. She could not say where she was going, nor why. She had no destination in mind. There was only the journey. All of life was a journey.

A dark, terrible, senseless journey. She had known pain; emotionally and physically. She had known desperation, anger, betrayal and loss - who hadn't? She did not linger on such thoughts. At least, she tried not to. It was difficult to forget that suffering in the dead of night, as the blackened sky crept in with its array of glistening stars and when the quiet white noise of whistling insects ascended. As long as daylight moved across the land, she could forget. She could put it behind her and let it be.

At last, she came across a break in the almost impenetrable woodland. A slow, bubbling brook traveled through, winding down the hill and lapping quietly at the smooth pebbles and rocks that lined it. She stepped forward, her matted, tangled mane of coal draping over her soulless eyes as she leaned down to drink of the ice cold mountain water that made its way through. Suddenly, she felt self-aware, and cautiously her dark eyes shifted. She listened carefully.

She was not alone.

"Mother." She murmured almost bitterly (she was not deserving of such a title) as she raised her slender neck, squarely eyeing the dusty grey pelt and empty, void eyes in which she herself had inherited from her. It had been a while.

Not nearly long enough.

Vaermina
    chantale x nykeln

It's going to take some time to tap into her. :x I'm trying. @[chantale]

Messages In This Thread
    devil don't go where i make my home. [chantale] - by Vaermina - 02-07-2016, 03:12 PM
    RE: devil don't go where i make my home. [chantale] - by Vaermina - 02-13-2016, 09:04 PM
    RE: devil don't go where i make my home. [chantale] - by Vaermina - 02-21-2016, 12:12 PM
    RE: devil don't go where i make my home. [chantale] - by Vaermina - 03-20-2016, 01:02 AM