• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i hurt myself today to see if i still feel. [lucrezia]

everyone i know goes away in the end
        The weather had shifted and the light of the sun was now hidden behind thick patch of clouds; their shapes illuminated by the bright rays attempting to burst through. A dark shadow was cast across the land as the low-lying storm began to roll in, a soft rumble of thunder sounding off in the distance. He watched it slowly shift across the sky, its darkness seeping into what little warmth had settled in from the onset of spring. A chill ran down the course of his vertebrae, though he did not flinch - his mass was enough to keep him comfortable, in spite of the cold gusts of air that were beginning to pick up. The breeze laced through his tangled coal locks, brushing them over his intense crimson gaze. He stared off, looking over the land before him. 

The buds were just beginning to the blossom with new life, and green threads of grassland were starting to rise up from where the soil had once been covered with a sheet of ice and snow. The sky would soon drench the land, nourishing it with its pounding rain, accompanied by its jarring thunder and startling lightning. As he began to lose himself in his thoughts, a crack echoed across the sky, its silvery strike bright and stark against the looming clouds. All at once, it began to rain. It was soft, at first. The droplets lapped softly at his pelt, dampening it but resembling a comfortable mist, if nothing else.

The onslaught was not far behind.

Soon the rain pounded harshly onto his skin, dripping down and staining his blackened coat. He stalked forward, his thick neck lowered as the droplets poured down along his forehead, occasionally falling into his vision. He blinked away at the invasion, his long lashes catching most of it - in his field of vision was a towering, swaying willow. Perhaps it was not the most ideal shelter, due to the streaks of lightning occasionally striking out at the skyline, but any port in a storm. The long, beaded tendrils hanging from the branches caressed his skin as he stepped beneath the canopy of the willow. He shook and rattled his flesh, shaking himself of the damp residue lingering on his skin, his muscles rippling beneath with each movement. 

And there, he would wait until the storm passed.

offspring

@[Lucrezia]

Messages In This Thread
    i hurt myself today to see if i still feel. [lucrezia] - by Offspring - 02-07-2016, 04:28 PM
    i will let you down. - by Offspring - 02-08-2016, 09:03 PM