• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i hurt myself today to see if i still feel. [lucrezia]
    The idea of living forever has never crossed her mind once. She has always occupied herself with her curiosity, often it getting the best of her. As a young foal, she wanted to go out and experience the world, never hesitating to step out of her comfort zone to do so. It is perhaps her curiosity of the world that has driven her imagination and filled her head with silly things (and her heart to desire such things she knows could truly never happen). However, she has discovered that simple desires cannot be simply given easily. There are no irrelevant actions, every shift, every move and every idea is part of something bigger and beyond her own control.

Simply, it is called fate.

“It’s funny how nature works,” her eyes still lock with his own deep, red eyes. Offspring’s eyes remind her so much of her father’s – at least the ones she had seen before she was wiped away to purgatory. Lucrezia hadn’t asked to be a part of saving the world, saving Beqanna from total destruction. Most of all, she had not asked to be show up in the Chamber when she had “failed” her own homeland. Lucrezia sighs softly at that. She focuses her attention back to Offspring’s eyes – forgetting the memories of her sister and the Chamber recently – and how much there appears to be darkness, hidden behind walls for so long. Her curiosity wants to pear them apart, these walls, but she knows it was not a good idea. “It always seems to bring something new to you even if you spend your whole life living in it.” She adds at last when her own silence has fallen away.

Lucrezia blinks and turns away for a moment, knowing well that the stallion’s gaze was still upon her. It safer here, Lucrezia, he says and she wonders more about those words now than anything else. The Meadow had always been a safe haven for her, even as a child she had felt safe her when the whole world could’ve destroyed her and taken her away. Fate had other ideas for the dreamer girl though. Instead, she has found her own safety in the Deserts – a home she should’ve grown up in as a child instead of the Chamber. It was a memory she sometimes wished to wipe away now knowing what her relationship was like with her father and sister.

Offspring regards a common topic change. She knows how this casual conversation goes. It has always been the same one she’s had with many others. Lucrezia returns her nutmeg gaze back to the dappled male. “The Tundra, huh? You come so far away.” Lucrezia has never been to the Tundra before. “I’ve never agreed with the cold before,” she adds with a simple laugh and a grin softly touching her lips. “I’ve always called the Deserts my home. I think I enjoy the sun more than anything.” It made her feel warm inside, but there was also the way the sand felt against your hooves when you took a step. Then again, Lucrezia has found herself bound to the sandy kingdom by a mark of sphinx on her hip. It is a story she has never shared except with those she experienced with in the Deserts.

“I’ve come simply to see the Meadow again. I used to come here as a child and play.” The Playground had never suited her entirely when she was a foal. However, she is glad of the friends she has made there. Lucrezia almost wants to laugh at the situation now – half-brothers fathering her only child. She wonders what Tarnished thinks of her now when she proclaimed Kreios to be the father. Her thoughts at the time made sense that Tarnished would not stay, but he had been there at Rome’s birth. She must be ready if something comes up. She cannot entirely predict what he might do despite them being childhood friends. “And what about you? Why are you here, Offspring?” She asks with a tilt of her Arabian shaped head.

The idea of living forever has never crossed her mind once. She has always occupied herself with her curiosity, often it getting the best of her. As a young foal, she wanted to go out and experience the world, never hesitating to step out of her comfort zone to do so. It is perhaps her curiosity of the world that had driven her imagination and filled her idea with silly things (and her heart to desire things she knows could not truly happen). However, she has discovered that simple desires cannot be simply given easily. There are no irrelevant actions, every shift in sentiment, every move and every idea is part of something bigger and beyond her control.

Simply, it is called fate.
    html © shelbi | character info: here
    Lucrezia
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    i hurt myself today to see if i still feel. [lucrezia] - by Offspring - 02-07-2016, 04:28 PM
    i will let you down. - by Offspring - 02-08-2016, 09:03 PM
    RE: i hurt myself today to see if i still feel. [lucrezia] - by Lucrezia - 02-22-2016, 10:41 AM