• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ask no questions - lilin, any
    Ask no questions, and you'll be told no lies
    “You need a name,” she says, very matter of fact. As if Weaver has some right to decide this at all. She doesn’t, but it doesn’t stop her from saying it. “Shall we pick one for you?” Again, she doesn’t actually ask if Lilin wants a name other than Sister. Doesn’t care. She just assumes. Assumes that she has some right that was never bestowed on her.

One might think staring Death in the face would have made her proud. But that’s not the case. She would have said the same thing before dying. Before her awful journey to purgatory. Before Conquest (even the phantom thought of that headache makes her wince), before War, before Famine, before Death. Death is the only one that doesn’t scare her all that much. Death is the only one she can think on. Perhaps because his touch had been almost kind. Perhaps because she now hold sthe power to overcome him (though she doesn’t know this bit, yet).

If anything has changed about the girl, perhaps she is just a bit softer than she would have been before.

Lilin asks if she’s okay, and now, without the topic of Lilin’s name at hand, there’s little for Weaver to hide behind. She considers saying ‘of course’, like disappearing out of the blue and stopping the Apocalypse is just no big deal. But she kind of likes Lilin and doesn’t feel like being the world’s ass at that very moment. Because honestly? “No. Yes. I don’t know, honestly. A few broken ribs, I think. More cuts and bruises than I can count. And I think I now carry an ancient rune designed to stop Death.” She shakes her head, the words sort of tumbling out at her poor, unsuspecting companion. “How long was I gone?”

One hell of a trip to the playground, huh?

weaver

weed and straia's chamber princess

Messages In This Thread
    ask no questions - lilin, any - by Weaver - 02-15-2016, 01:30 PM
    RE: ask no questions - lilin, any - by Lilin - 02-15-2016, 03:26 PM
    RE: ask no questions - lilin, any - by Weaver - 02-22-2016, 03:47 PM