• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

break in the sun 'til the sun breaks down; Tarnished
    we were caught up in all our vices
    He’d thought about her. Not often, because learning how to survive within the ranks of the lot that had taken him in took a toll on both his mind and body, but when he was alone – when he disappeared during ‘guard duty,’ when he took the time to remember who he was – he thought about her. She was his last and only friend when he left Beqanna. He had promised to come back to her, whatever the cost; granted, he’d made the promise mostly for selfish reasons. He had needed a reason to come back and she seemed like a pretty good reason. And there has never been a time when Nish didn’t keep his word.

Well, unless you count him swearing his loyalty to the cult.

But that’s a different matter entirely.

Tarnished isn’t certain about what he should do next, and considering he spent the last four years meticulously planning every move he made (he couldn’t take a shit it seemed without mulling it over first, but details), the feeling is completely alien. New, almost, but he remembers experiencing it before; back when he’d been wobbly in the legs and believed life was as good or bad as you made it. Dominion isn’t fragile, even when he first found her half-starved to death and soaking wet, she’d struck him as someone who could still fight the good fight – so long as he made it fair – and put up a decent enough struggle if he proved to be dangerous. He isn’t used to… this.

“I live at the end of the world, y’know. You only come to visit me every once in a while,” Tarnished grins, trying to coax a laugh out of her; deep down, of course, he knows it isn’t the time. But this is what he does, it’s the only way he knows how to cope – how to try and make it better, despite the tell-tale look in her eyes. Nothing is going to make this better, whatever it is. “I don’t really like visitors,” he seems to shrug, but once they lock eyes he almost knows what she doesn’t want him to know. Hers are green, but he’s seen that same brokenness in a pair of eyes that were both blue and gold and it causes his chest to ache painfully.

What had happened to her?

“Should I be decapitating someone right now?” Tarnished asks, casually. “Not that you couldn’t do it yourself, ladies first and all….”
    Vanquish x Nocturnal
    equus mutatio, immortality, disease manipulation, trait immunity

Messages In This Thread
    RE: break in the sun 'til the sun breaks down; Tarnished - by Tarnished - 04-10-2015, 08:06 PM