• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

break in the sun 'til the sun breaks down; Tarnished

and death shall have no
    DOMINION
    Speechless.  Dom snorted her agreement, because what could he really say?  He was sorry?  Wasn’t his fault.  He wished he could fix it?  There was no point wasting words on the impossible.  She didn’t need pity, had no use for it.  The words had been too big to hold in, but she didn’t want comfort.  Didn’t want anyone to try to make her feel better.  His fangs cracked under the pressure of his clenched jaw, and she watched the broken teeth fall to the ground, her head nodding once in acknowledgement.

She wished she could tear something apart too.  Wished she could bite down on the world itself and make it bleed, make it scream, make it beg for mercy.  But the world didn’t care about her pain, didn’t care what it had stolen from her.  She would only be cracking her own teeth, breaking herself down trying to get revenge on a cold, unfeeling rock.  “Yeah,” she said as he ran his tongue across new fangs.  “Me too.”

“Come with me.”

Green eyes studied gold, her head tilted as she considered.  Nish had helped her back from the end of the world once before, found her shelter and kept her company for the months it took her body to heal from a lifetime of hunger and thirst and struggle to survive.  He hadn't done it with pretty words and platitudes, just with his company and his unspoken understanding that sometimes all there was to life was getting through it.  Surviving when survival was the only thing left.  He'd been a good friend a lifetime ago, and she thought she'd been the same to him.

Maybe they could be again.

She nodded, accepting his offer.  It was sure as hell better than wallowing, and it would be good to get a feel for the place.  Better still to get to know Nish again.  “I need a few days.”  Three days to honor the dead and let go of what was lost.  Three days for her wounds to start to heal.  Three days to say goodbye to her love, and to pray to the soul of her silver-tongued father to watch over her babies now that they were beyond her reach.  “Then you can show me around.”

No more may gulls cry at their ears
    Or waves break loud on the seashores;
    Where blew a flower may a flower no more
    Lift its head to the blows of the rain;
    DOMINION BY SAMSHINE | HTML BY MAAT

Messages In This Thread
    RE: break in the sun 'til the sun breaks down; Tarnished - by Dominion - 04-12-2015, 09:35 AM