• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i hope you burn

yael

There’s a reason why Yael never made it to the meeting. There were other things she was keeping an eye on; the first being the welfare of the Desert and the working of a protective barrier all around it. She remembers the havoc and destruction that fell from the sky last time all the rulers left their kingdoms. She would have a safeguard in place that was not linked to her personal energy, but to the Kingdom's. She's just finished anchoring the magic deep in the dunes and is admiring her handiwork. The air shimmers when she turns on her magic eyes, and as she looks for holes in the safety-blanket, Yael thinks she feels a disturbance. Something is not right. And then it comes again, but this time she feels the gentle heart of the Gates’ mare burst, and her candle snuffed out.

All of her attention flies to the scene of the crime, and with a growl in her throat, she disappears from the Desert - heading stright for the Chamber.

They think she won’t fight dirty, that her heart bleeds recklessly for anyone and everyone. They think her moral compass is too pure to be compromised. They don’t know much about her these days except that which she lets them see; the kind ex-queen who takes in orphaned children, the lover, the forgiver. What they don’t know is that deep down inside Yael, she knows the truth to ending things early. She knows the truth as well as Straia does. Death. Strike fear into their hearts. Make the good guys keep their morals while the bad guys run all over them.

Here’s one grandmother who doesn’t have time for morals anymore.

She appears as a great golden dragon above the chamber, five times the size of a horse, with long, deadly talons, and a jaw full of razor sharp teeth. Dragonfire sears the air in front of her as Yael trumpets her displeasure with the Raven Queen and the Chamber. She should have done this ages ago. Eyes tinged with the red of war and heat of anger search for the perfect place to lay her next spurt of flames - where it would flush the most Chamberlings out into the open. She finds a few of them, including the little princess. Ah… yes. Yael carefully aims her fire and lets it loose in an arc around a group of horses, flushing them out into the open. When they scatter, she swoops down and grabs the fleeing princess in her claws, holding her tightly and lifting her up, up, up above the burning trees.

Straia! she screams back at the taunting Raven Queen. Release Rhy or I drop your dauxter.

@[Weaver] and everyone, i guess? Kyra, if that's not ok, let me know.
    Also the Chamber is now on fire. And the Desert is protected. Happy war!

Messages In This Thread
    i hope you burn - by Yael - 02-25-2016, 02:07 PM
    RE: i hope you burn - by Weaver - 02-25-2016, 02:47 PM
    RE: i hope you burn - by Flamevein - 02-25-2016, 03:13 PM
    RE: i hope you burn - by Killdare - 02-25-2016, 07:52 PM
    RE: i hope you burn - by Eight - 02-25-2016, 09:34 PM
    RE: i hope you burn - by Set - 02-25-2016, 11:41 PM
    RE: i hope you burn - by Straia - 02-26-2016, 10:22 AM
    RE: i hope you burn - by Yael - 02-26-2016, 12:50 PM
    RE: i hope you burn - by Evrae - 02-26-2016, 01:40 PM
    RE: i hope you burn - by Pazuzu - 02-28-2016, 10:45 AM