• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm not quite sure I know what I'm doing; Set, Tatter, any

The air tasted fresh in my nostrils, spiced as it was with new growth and strong pine. It was a different taste than that which I had tasted in the past few years. It wasn’t better than the other place, but it was home in a way. I blinked in the darkness as I entered a land in turmoil with calm in my heart.

The sun had gone to rest two hours earlier and the temperature was steadily dropping. The skies were clear with a breeze that wanted to dance along my back. I hugged the shadows underneath a patch of pine trees; I could see and hear commotion ahead. But what I could sense the most was the scent of my family. Altered, perhaps unnatural, but there nonetheless. I lower my head and rub my red speckled white horn against a nearby trunk, scraping some of the spare bark off as the scent of exposed wood grows stronger. 

with love and blood, nera---------------------------------------------

Gah, I don't know these forums things! I don't know how to write anymore! But herreee's Nera!

Messages In This Thread
    I'm not quite sure I know what I'm doing; Set, Tatter, any - by Nera - 03-04-2016, 06:56 PM