• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Who painted the lion? [Zojja]
    Lupei's silent admiration is not unappreciated, if unnoticed - with the twins' propensity for stirring up trouble, even unintentionally, it is difficult to take her eyes off them for too long, though she does sense her lover's stare at the very least, and a knowing smile tugs at the corners of her mouth. She keeps an ear tipped in Kudu and Wyrm's direction as she finally allows herself a moment to pay attention to Lupei instead. I've missed you more. Zojja smiles for real, this time, finally (if a little reluctantly) letting the boys wander off to tussle a little more distantly. "What happened?" she asks, lipping softly at his crest as curiosity gets the better of her. "I presume the fire was preexisting, given Kudu..."

She trails off as he pipes up, ears pricking with interest. Lupei wears self-deprecating humor rather awkwardly, she thinks. Even hairless. Her muzzle brushes thoughtfully across his shoulder as he carries on, and she nods; someone else to watch the twins would be useful - the Meadow may have plenty of sets of eyes, but not nearly as many of those are friendly. Or willing to keep a pair of rambunctious foals in check, for that matter. I want us to have some semblance of home. He sounds quite taken with the idea. Zojja, on the other hand, bows to her wanderlust almost immediately, instinctively shying away from the thought of being bound to one pla--

Kudu yells in annoyance, having apparently lost his focus - and his fire - for a moment, and Zojja starts in surprise as she realizes she's stopped moving. A quick glance toward their sons assures her that the forest is not about to be reduced to so much tinder (although Wyrm seems to have taken advantage of his brother's hiccup to tackle the smaller colt), and the grey mare whuffs quietly and falls to grooming Lupei's withers for a moment, lost in thought. At last, she lifts her head, throwing an absent glance toward the boys (hell, she's turning into her mother, she thinks) before turning back to the green stallion.

"If you feel that the Chamber is in need of some numbers, I'll gladly follow you there," she replies. She's a stranger to kingdom life, but she'll learn, she supposes, if he wants her to. And he has a valid point about the twins. "As for the boys, however, a herdland might suit better for now. Besides," she continues, smiling wryly, "All that free space to roam? Doesn't sound like such a terrible time to me."

Lupei speaks, then, and the grey mare smirks, teeth grazing across his withers a little too hard to be an affectionate nibble, and a little too softly to be a nip. "Oh yeah? Please you." Zojja chuckles. That doesn't sound half bad, but far be it from her to turn all swooning filly. "We could spar for it," she muses, and for a moment she's speaking through a mouthful of fangs, watching him through lupine eyes, and then her face is as it was before, and she grins teasingly and reaches to brush her muzzle against his. "Unless you have better ideas, of course. But I wouldn't object to finding a home with you."

Messages In This Thread
    Who painted the lion? [Zojja] - by Lupei - 03-12-2016, 10:38 PM
    RE: Who painted the lion? [Zojja] - by Zojja - 03-14-2016, 04:15 PM
    RE: Who painted the lion? [Zojja] - by Lupei - 03-30-2016, 06:36 PM
    RE: Who painted the lion? [Zojja] - by Zojja - 04-04-2016, 04:26 PM
    RE: Who painted the lion? [Zojja] - by Lupei - 04-05-2016, 10:20 PM
    RE: Who painted the lion? [Zojja] - by Zojja - 04-13-2016, 05:03 PM
    RE: Who painted the lion? [Zojja] - by Lupei - 04-30-2016, 05:42 PM