• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Any.
    Patchouli
    Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi

Anyone else might worry that they had been crude or that their little joke was in ill taste, Patchouli, was not. He was too carefree or careless one to fret over every little thing he said or did. Maybe that is why Mother never liked him, maybe that was why he was the ”unloved son”. Regardless, Patchouli was Patchouli, nothing more, nothing less. The speckled palomino cannot help but notice the flat, matte appearance the eldest boy’s eyes take at his little quip. Tough crowd.

It’s not until Isle releases her own commentary that he truly cannot contain himself, a hardy guffaw of laughter follows her little joke. Hers fell off too, well that was just too much.

“Ha, ha hahahah!” He could really tear up but he catches his breath with a few more ha’s. “I never expected-“ The beginnings of praise for her quick thinking. “Nice one, very nice.” Patch takes a quick suck of air, winding himself and taking in the conversation as it delves further into finding warmth.

“Caves, yes, I know a few. I know a great one actually, it wasn’t like that before and then what do you know- POOF!” Too bad he didn’t really specify any further than that, just that it was a great cave, a special cave and he had selfishly thought to keep it to himself. He couldn’t now, it wasn’t right, these were kids, Isle was huge with child. No, after thinking about how bitter the cold was even for himself, a man grown, well he couldn’t let a child or babe suffer through it if they didn’t have to.

It’s a bit further than the others but it’s worth it. It has its own heat source I tell you, it’s like magic.

Without much more commentary on the fact he turned to leave, facing west and took a steady stride as his own. “Lead? Yeah, um, no biggie. This way.” He doesn’t think to say much more, not really sure how to carry on the tune so to speak. Luckily the boys take up the conversation, though their topic isn’t exactly his favorite.

“Yeah, sure, family. I’ve got one if that’s what you mean. They’re aren’t exactly my cup of tea, or I’m not theirs you might say. When it comes to strangeness I’m the one that falls short, but no difference- I hear they take all kinds in the Tundra.” All kinds, even a chill, traitless Palomino like himself. A man with little to no fight, too scrawny or too soft to ever take up battle.  

it is better to conquer yourself, than to win a thousand battles

:/

Messages In This Thread
    Any. - by Aemar ♦ Raelyx - 03-23-2016, 05:59 PM
    RE: Any. - by Patchouli - 03-23-2016, 09:00 PM
    RE: Any. - by isle - 03-23-2016, 11:00 PM
    RE: Any. - by Aemar ♦ Raelyx - 03-23-2016, 11:38 PM
    RE: Any. - by Patchouli - 03-27-2016, 08:21 AM
    RE: Any. - by isle - 03-28-2016, 08:53 PM
    RE: Any. - by Aemar ♦ Raelyx - 04-03-2016, 01:46 PM
    RE: Any. - by Patchouli - 04-05-2016, 09:39 AM