• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any]

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

The months since her last visit here have grown aplenty, though her reasons are not excuses. Queenship has come easily to her, though it is not to say that the burden is not great. She feels its weight, knows the responsibilities she has taken on along with the crown. However, she's been in the Jungle longer than all others - three decades, to be sure. No matter what other horses seem to think, this holds great meaning. She's always been active, always been fighting for the Jungle, always been striving for something more. She's always been there, and she knows the Jungle's most recent history the best because hell, she was there! These simply are the facts; non disputable.  While not perfect, Scorch refuses to be put down for knowing why she deserves the throne.

That being said, she's been delaying her first trip to the field in a very long time. Not because she's unwilling to - hell, she'll do anything for the Jungle, even make friends - but because she knows that her sisters are working hard out here. Pharaon especially - Scorch has noticed her works greatly, and intends to honour them upon their next meeting. Today, however, she goes against what her Erinak has advised her. She approaches the field, though she does not charge right in - something that has taken decades of practice. To have known Scorch in the past, this type of self restraint would be unbelievable.

A queerly coloured mare detaches herself from the useless gaggle of women, rousing Scorch from the sidelines. She herself is rather oddly coloured, with flame tattoos covering every inch of her body, save for the green vine twirling itself up her leg and blossoming into a sharp red flower on her chest. And all of this on a hairless body, I might add (that damned dragon, she'd never live down being roasted like a hot dog). Now focusing her attention on the young mare, Scorch waits to see if any other Amazons happen to be lurking in the shadows, waiting to pounce. When none do, and a stallion veers towards the green lady, Scorch makes up her mind with a stubborn snort.

She's trotted close enough to hear Texas's introduction, and halts just in time to lend her own. "Indeed, your colouring reminds me greatly of my home." She says in her gruff voice with a small smile, accidentally revealing the very edges of her razor sharp teeth. Her colour-shifting dragon eyes meet the Abstang's, though her gaze has been known to be rather intense. "I am Queen Scorch of the Jungle, though I go only by Scorch. " Flicking an ear to Texas once to make sure she catches his question (who are you) before returning her full attention to the mantis woman to ask a question of her own. "Have you been in Beqanna long? Many who come to the Field are new, after all." She says it not unkindly, though her brusque and masculine voice may seem otherwise. Ah, well. Perception is a bitch, I suppose.

Scorch

Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Astri - 04-14-2015, 03:16 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Texas - 04-15-2015, 07:12 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Scorch - 04-15-2015, 06:49 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Camrynn - 04-15-2015, 10:53 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Astri - 04-21-2015, 06:09 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Shaytan - 04-24-2015, 11:15 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Texas - 04-28-2015, 08:43 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Scorch - 04-28-2015, 05:36 PM