• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Wherever I am is exactly where I'm supposed to be [KIRIN]
    ASHARA

The soft blue-gray light of a dark morning highlighted the edges of the scenery. It’s lateness this morning due to the shorter days and heavy dark clouds lining the horizon. The cool temperature overnight lingered, accentuated with the brisk dampness of heavy fog, drastically nippier than the summer heat of yesterday. It rained off and on through the night, revitalizing and feeding thirst deprived foliage, pooling on the hardened soil. The temperature made for a restless uncomfortable evening and so a golden vixen had found herself here, a place that had been an often overlooked transient gateway to the more popular meadow. This dawn was an exception, her objective to keep warm by traveling and thus took a different path, more for the sake of movement than a particular destination, weaving through thick vegetation, exploring its uncharted uniqueness. A saturated palomino pelt slowly colourized as the light of daybreak continued to strengthen and illuminate the forest, like sliding the saturation adjustment of an image from greyscale to colour. The fog more defined in the brightness, dampened the scents of previous visitors. And hearing limited by the noisy sounds of moisture meeting objects, as it drips off leaves and splashes on the ground, and the chatter of busy birds. Each hoof fall brushing boisterously on grass and branches before squishing into the wet topsoil thinly covering a drought hardened earth. The trees grew densely off the common trail, their limbs intertwining above, offering some protection should it rain again. The air was awfully still, her breath loud as she quickly exhaled to squeeze between two trees. Their bark felt sharp against her icy barrel, stinging more than it should. The game trail Ashara had followed, much to her disappointment, seemed to be a dead end.

If you're ever gonna find a silver lining
    It's gotta be a cloudy day

@[Kirin]

Messages In This Thread
    Wherever I am is exactly where I'm supposed to be [KIRIN] - by Ashara - 04-18-2016, 04:27 PM