• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like it never hurts (Any)
    oh, where do we begin? the rubble or our sins?
    Hooooo boy. Tolimay’s efforts to play them off each other are thinly veiled at best - mostly because you can’t hide much from a magician.

Perhaps it was time for a little show-and-tell.

Yael remains quiet while Hasenel speaks, obviously urging her to go with him. It is so utterly predictable, she thinks, and while he is mistaken on a number of things, such as the fact that his herd could be a kingdom (it can’t, Island Resort owes fealty to the Gates. He could claim the Gates’ throne, but ultimately, Island Resort will never be a separate kingdom. His mares will not have ranks and duties such as Kingdom folk have… mostly because no one will take him seriously without a crown on his head. But it’s a cute idea). And that they have an ocean in addition to sand - well where does he think the Desert ends? At their own little coastline, though it is admittedly far away from the main oases.

Instead of speaking, Yael shifts from horse to deer to lion to rabbit to snake to butterfly, and then disappears from sight. She quickly reappears, and flowers (so very out of season), bloom at her feet. Golden roses, to be precise - as once she was called. A slight smirk matches Tolimay’s own, and she says simply. “I ahm a mageecian, a mozer, and I vonce vas Keen. I vant for not’ing and beg no vone. Eef you vant valeedation for your life, go vit Xasenel. My vorld ees far more mageecal ahnd compleecated t’an xis. I do not vant to xaf to babysit xoo can’t xandle eet.”

It’s true. She has a large brood of children and grandchildren. Anyone who joins the Desert must be self sufficient and willing to work. And now - the choice is Tolimay’s.  

YAEL
    mother, queen, magician

Messages In This Thread
    Like it never hurts (Any) - by Tolimay - 04-22-2016, 07:09 PM
    RE: Like it never hurts (Any) - by Hasenel - 04-23-2016, 08:32 PM
    RE: Like it never hurts (Any) - by Tolimay - 04-23-2016, 11:32 PM
    RE: Like it never hurts (Any) - by Hasenel - 04-24-2016, 12:01 PM
    RE: Like it never hurts (Any) - by Yael - 04-24-2016, 01:40 PM
    RE: Like it never hurts (Any) - by Tolimay - 04-24-2016, 04:22 PM
    RE: Like it never hurts (Any) - by Hasenel - 04-24-2016, 04:42 PM
    RE: Like it never hurts (Any) - by Yael - 04-25-2016, 09:38 AM
    RE: Like it never hurts (Any) - by Kyra - 04-25-2016, 01:30 PM