• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

look me in the eyes so i know you know; any
    oh, where do we begin? the rubble or our sins?
    They always get their panties in a twist when the idea of being more than a brood mare and independent of silly little herd politics is on the table. Her first year was spent in a terribly old-fashioned tribe, where mares could - but rarely did - rise to positions of power. It was the exception, not the rule. Tradition was embedded in everything; from mating, to eating, to worship. Yael has made more of herself here, in B’kanna, than she ever would have in Tzion.

His ire (she can feel it coming off him in soft waves) is more than self-satisfying, though she refuses to let it show. That would just be rude. And Yael may be snarky at times, but she is rarely rude. “Probably all of B’kanna, save ze Tundra, unless you vant even less agency t’en een a xerd. I can personally offer you a place een ze Desert, eef you don’t mind some xard vork…” She neglects, or perhaps simply prefers to throw her own rank around at the moment. She doesn’t need to say she’s a former queen and current consort, has fancy magical powers, or is rather fond of turning into a dragon when she’s angry, in order to impress a recruit. She doesn’t really use her powers that much anyway, unless someone she cares for is being threatened.

She shrugs her dainty shoulders, still paying Archam little mind. “And eef you don’t like eet, you can leave. Easy, no?” She may not find a steadfast lover amidst the dunes (unless Qatar decided to stick around), but she would find that Yael would put her to work if she is so inclined. The time was quickly coming for a change, and the golden mare desperately wanted to leave her home in tip-top shape, and worthy hands.

YAEL
    mother, queen, magician

Messages In This Thread
    RE: look me in the eyes so i know you know; any - by Yael - 06-28-2016, 01:28 PM