• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i am the fire; yael
    oh, where do we begin? the rubble or our sins?
    She could easily have written the whole lot of ‘em off; Nocturnal, Tarnished, Quark, anyone and everyone from that era of her life. Alas, that is not her way. Yael’s heart is ten sizes too big, her willingness to forgive (though she never forgets) is truly the crux of her personality, only weakness she now has. The golden lady values life and love far more than the prospect of holding a grudge or punishing someone for their weaknesses. Quark could never be called weak. Negligent in maintaining her friendships and consumed entirely by grief, perhaps, but Yael has also known debilitating despair and cannot fault her flower friend.

Every now and then she’s felt for the erstwhile mare’s energy, but always came and went on magical tiptoes, for there was never any need to intrude.

If her spidey senses had not alerted her to Quark’s knock at their door, the mare’s call would have; before their visitor can finish her query, a smile takes over Yael’s face. She’s sure Vanquish has heard the call and will come when he can, but the golden mare is feeling rather selfish at the moment and wants Quark to herself for a short time. Needless to say, Yael doesn’t keep her waiting long. The air in front of Quark blurs as if it were a heat puddle, and Yael appears before her, practically bouncing off the proverbial walls.

“Kark!” she cries with unbridled joy, “Xow I xaf meesed you!” Without hesistation, Yael takes a few steps in and folds her wings around the other mare in a sisterly embrace. There is too much history between them to pretend to be formal.

YAEL
    mother, queen, magician

Messages In This Thread
    i am the fire; yael - by Quark - 06-21-2016, 07:03 PM
    RE: i am the fire; yael - by Yael - 06-25-2016, 10:36 AM
    RE: i am the fire; yael - by Quark - 06-28-2016, 09:17 PM
    RE: i am the fire; yael - by Yael - 07-05-2016, 03:43 PM
    RE: i am the fire; yael - by Quark - 07-08-2016, 02:21 PM