• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

It's a crime you let it happen to me;
    BAINE
    another orphan?

She’s groomed until she looks prim and proper; each child under their care is special now after all. Each of them gets a little more attention than the children from generations’ past and Baine is no exception. Perhaps they should count their lucky stars that the Adoption Den is so empty these days—and they might have, had they not known the truth of the matter. Kidnapping, abuse, murder, fewer foals born each season—the list goes on and on, making their hearts heavier than they were when their nerves were shot and their den was overflowing with hungry little orphans.

Alas.

Baine perks up when she notices the mare approaching. She wiggles excitedly, because maybe it’s mother—maybe mother changed her mind and has come back for her! The faeries dutifully scatter, preferring to watch the exchange from a distance; this isn’t their first rodeo, they know what is about to happen, but the way the foal’s ears splay out to the sides dejectedly when she realizes this isn’t who she thought it was worries them. She almost looks as if she’s going to cry, but then she seems to swallow the lump in her throat and squares her shoulders. She lifts her head, looking the mare right in the eye and they all breathe sighs of relief.

She’s going to be okay.

“Baine,” she replies, much softer than she intended, so she says it again—this time with vigor. “I am Baine.”

I love you as certain dark things are to be loved;
    in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
    BAINE BY VENGE | HTML BY MAAT

Messages In This Thread
    It's a crime you let it happen to me; - by Baine - 06-21-2016, 07:28 PM
    RE: It's a crime you let it happen to me; - by Baine - 07-07-2016, 03:47 PM