• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Weir, oh weir has my little dog gone; oh WEIR oh weir could it be!
    YOU LOVE ME FOR EVERYTHING YOU HATE ME FOR

Kimber's minds a master of concealment but the reasons for such antics were truly unknown. Were the things that happened in her past traumatic enough that it was a defense mechanism? Perhaps or just maybe her memory was so faint these days that she simply couldn't recall. Once the connection is made, eye to eye, she knows there is no hiding from this point onward and so she listens. Prague, she wasn't certain of the mare's name before it wasn't customary in battle to get to know the details on your opponents - especially when they're attempting to murder your love interest and General. "Yes, that one. That despicable creature, I remember the War quite well despite my rage at the time," sh e says her heart beginning to race at the thought of it, something she couldn't withstand in such a state, "no need to apologize, Weir, I never knew her until I met her on the battlefield and from my understanding, most magicians are that way - untrustworthy."

He mentions showing her what her mind has forgotten and although the dip-dye mare was normally untrusting of everyone she felt at ease with the roan man. She feels something start to extend from her head, dripping down and over her body like a pool of liquid as it rushes over her skin to cover it. As Weir speaks, he affirms that indeed it was real - her flight to the hillside was true and Warship was there - she wonders what else she has chalked up to a dream? Perhaps the magician had tried to kill them because of the dip-dye mare's threats for her but she felt all the same. "I have no relationship with her, I do now - she's my enemy, the only true one I have. I am not sure her business with Warship, why she hates him so or me for that matter," she snorts, listening to Weir continue on as they travel deeper into the Dale. She has never been here but it seems nice enough, it seems tucked away from the problems the rest of Beqanna faces; sometimes she longs for a home like this even though her heart beats to the Chamber's mighty drums.  She can feel something amiss when Weir mentions giving life, that he harnessed her powers too much; such an explanation of depth meant only a number of things. She knows not if Weir knows her feelings for Warship, although they were never openly discussed; the fact she's here serves an inclination.

She quickly notices the children, a pang in her side as she carries her most recent child beyond the due date - she notices the blue and black boy but her eyes focus on the filly - she looks identical to what her own Vaughan looked like at that age (spare the decorum). She blinks silently, cautiously at the two - knowing then that she was not the last to mother a Warship child. Her heart feels faint at this moment, partly due to pregnancy and some due to residual feelings. She knows the closeness Weir and Warship shared and although this was not a willing coupling it still jolts her heartstrings some. "You and Warship's children are well, I see," she says, passively but firm - she had no ill feelings, she honestly felt relieved to know the past General was alive but also betrayed. "The girl - she is like my son, we share something now, Weir - what are their names? I understand if you do not wish for me to meet them but I have secrets of my own that involve Warship." Four years seems like a long time to keep a secret, her son was not Nymphetamine's after all and in this moment she knew that - Vaughan was Warship's.

What a tangled web we weave.
    k i m b e r
    winged, immortal dip-dyed colonel of the chamber

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Weir, oh weir has my little dog gone; oh WEIR oh weir could it be! - by Kimber - 07-06-2016, 01:34 PM