• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i am a lost boy from neverland; any
    Stay.
    She thinks this lone thought to the mammoth-mare that she smells nearby; Extinct trailed after Burnt like a bad odor, but she loved her adopted sister all the same, except that right now, as the last of the storm’s exhilaration peters out in her veins, she does not desire her company. One night apart will not kill the mammoth-mare, it might make her sad and lonely but Burnt shoves such thoughts away, pushing other thoughts into her sibling’s mind, like sleep, and dream.

Burnt is thinking of the odd scream that had reached up to her, as high as she was in her race against the lightning amongst the clouds. It was wild and reptilian in a way not familiar to her - not of crocodile or alligator, but something far older than that, something almost not of this earth any more. It should have chilled her blood but somehow, had the opposite effect and made her shiver excitedly, even aloft on stormy gales that sang back the scream to her over and over. Worse, it echoed in her ears - in the cricket-chirp of night that swallowed her up, now that she stood amongst it, her wings tucked tight against her ribcage, smoking and smoldering. A few feathers ruffled, embers flaking off and pockmarking the night soil with burns, their glow forever in the corner of her eyes as something chirped from the darkness.

She snapped to attention, her gray eyes narrowing on the strange form that stood before her - raptor and reptile rolled all into one, beautiful and lethal in the same breath. That same breath caught in her throat as the dinosaur (some instinct harkening back to the days of Eohippus thrust this knowledge into her mind) shifted back into a harmless looking mare. Burnt smiled a small smile; it was a lovely useless thing though, but she appreciated the shapeshifting show in front of her but she heard a rustle in the nearby bushes and threw back an ear, throwing too, her mind’s voice to the thing she knew was that - stay! Her eyes rolled back to Topsail and her own mind thrust back just as intrusively; “Hello Topsail, your other form is extremely lovely to look at, and deadly, I’m sure.” Her mind chuckled, the owl wings equally as responsive by shaking just a little, spilling out more embers and ash. “I’m Burnt, and over there - (a toss of the head to the bushes where a hulking dwarf of odd mammoth and horse tried to hide) - is Extinct, my sister."

Messages In This Thread
    i am a lost boy from neverland; any - by burnt - 07-05-2016, 09:53 PM
    RE: i am a lost boy from neverland; any - by burnt - 07-07-2016, 08:25 PM