• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so the darkness I became; ALL KINGDOM [please reply by 8/13]
    all that we have amassed sits before us, shattered into ash
    It appears I’m always just a tad late to these.

Her copper coat burns like a newly polished penny as she approaches the group of assembled horses, and she picks her way among them expertly to take her place. The flames burning within her surge forth, urging her forward, urging her to speak, but she is silent for a moment longer, eying the queen who was but a child when she first took the Valley from Demian’s capable hands. Oh, has Topsail grown since Cress has been away. As a woman, as a leader, as a Queen. There is no doubt that she has earned her title and the Valley’s love, but has she earned their respect?

Flames bubble at her lips as she watches them, and smoke twists and dances all around her golden head. She does not have the typical blue eyes that mark her as a descendant of Kindling—perhaps that is why they have still not discovered her parentage—but instead she has her father’s eyes, and they are burning with intensity as she watches the newly crowned king. Eight. Does he deserve it? This she could not know. This she could not be the judge of. She has been gone for far too long.

If one remembers correctly, she used to hate him. He had stolen the throne from her father.
    He had taken the title of princess from her.

Cress—a princess. Who would’ve thought; it is her best guarded secret.

“I have been gone a long time,” she says, finally. She cannot—will not—explain her absence to this queen she does not know, but Topsail will know enough. “My name is Cress. Before my departure I was the Valley’s Chancellor. If you would like, until you find a suitable replacement I would be willing to assist you in the field of diplomacy.” She glances at Eight then, and the flames in her throat are momentarily extinguished. “You will find that there are older faces in the crowd that know me and find me quite capable in my duties.”

Throughout her years of absence, she never once lost her loyalty to the Valley… never. She felt the tear when her kingdom-earned empathy was ripped from her, and that was only recently. She had wondered what had happened, but if what the Queen says is true, it is a world-wide phenomenon and not just the Valley; she is not the only one to lose her kingdom-granted ability. She does not mind too much, however—she never cared too much for the overwhelming knowledge of just how everyone around her was feeling.

Only the lust of the fire that consumed her when Flamevein took her so long ago… but it is best not to think of that now. He is not even here anymore either. All of her best allies have left. Not even little Flamebrand is left to keep her company. Only strangers and the magician she once swore would be her enemy for life. “Aside from that, I would like to be added to the war caste along with the diplomats.” I have spent my entire life being peaceful. It’s time to fight for my own wants.
    cress
    oxytocin x kindling

Messages In This Thread
    RE: so the darkness I became; ALL KINGDOM [please reply by 8/13] - by Cress - 08-17-2016, 12:22 AM