• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Oh my, so many people.. {Any}
    She knew it was time. She couldn't live alone like this anymore. For so long she had searched for her family ties, old friends of her mother's, anyone that she would already know. She wasn't comfortable with strangers. Oh goodness, no, not at all. But her journey lacked results, and it was time to give it up. There was no other choice. Clearly they had all moved on. Without her. Was she not family? What was she going to do now?

Her tail flicked nervously. She knew she had to find a protector of some kind, a herd. Safety. Security. She desperately needed them. Her biggest dilemma now was her anxiety. Her whole life, she had always had someone nearby; usually her mother or her mother's closest friend. The friend, Lea, was like family. As a child, she remembered hiding behind her legs quite often when someone unfamiliar came around. Rhae would've been comfortable with even her. Sure, probably still a bit shy and withheld as was her usual demeanor. She truly couldn't help that. But she, too, was lost. Gone away. Perhaps wherever her mother and siblings had gone. Oh, why had they left her behind?

Rhae huddled in the shadows. She was bunkered right at the edge of the forest and the meadow. Her coat camouflaged her in the half-light with grullo gradients of chocolate-grays and silver, and rich black points.  All that stood between her and the stability she needed was this.. terrifyingly vast, open expanse of meadow. Where anyone and anything could see her bright as day if she stepped out. She could see numbers of others in the area just by glancing around, her eyes catching every movement. No doubt the whites of her eyes were showing. Not out of fear, really. Or was it? .. No, she wasn't afraid. She just really, really, really didn't want to be out there where everyone and their mother could see her. Would many try to come speak with her? The thought nearly made her turn around and leave on the spot!

And she would, too, if it weren't for the forest behind her being just as dangerous. Creatures stalked viciously under the cover of darkness, attacking at will. Survival of the fittest, and all that. She was fit, but she could only run so fast through a minefield of trees and debris. Not to mention that bit about not being able to run all that great.. thanks to her Scoliosis. She could stand properly, one could hardly notice the slight S-curve to her spine unless looking for it, but walking, or especially running, was a mite of a challenge at times. Not painful, though, just awkward. It always seemed to attract more attention, the LAST thing she wanted!

Also a wonderful reason to get that protection she needed so badly. Others may be able to fend for themselves, but whether she liked it or not -and she didn't!-, she was forced to rely on others. There was no telling how many close-calls she may have had already and not even realized it! Not to mention that bout with the fur-mouse.. Although, she was tempted to call it more of a rat. Surely, it was too large to be just a mouse.. Her skin crawled just thinking of it again and she shook a chill from her coat. Creepy little critters.

So, here she was with yet another dreadful problem on her hands: brave the people or brave the beasts? Anxiety gripped her firmly in place. Her eyes bounced to every nearby stranger she spotted. Did any of them look friendly enough? Did any look maybe a little too friendly? Oh dear, perhaps she should leave. But no, the forest was certainly not safe. She had to do this. Once she got to know someone, she'd be safe and comfortable again, she just knew it. Then everything would be ok. She could do this. It'd be easy.

Before she could hesitate further, she put one foot in front of the other and stepped into the light, a nearly unnoticeable hobble in her gait. Half her body remained in the shade, but she was convinced it was far enough. She'd be seen for certain. But hopefully not by too many. She couldn't bring herself to call out and blatantly attract attention, though..
    No, this was far enough; she'd be noticed.

(OOC: I imagined her to be really calm and quiet, a tad shy.. maybe used to hiding behind a family member.. but when she realized everyone she knew had gone inactive and there was no one to hide behind she kinda freaked out on me.)

Messages In This Thread
    Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-10-2016, 10:04 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-12-2016, 10:26 AM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-14-2016, 11:34 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-15-2016, 11:24 AM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-16-2016, 10:14 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-18-2016, 12:07 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-23-2016, 04:27 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-27-2016, 04:34 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-30-2016, 09:40 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 08-03-2016, 10:19 AM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 08-08-2016, 06:08 PM