• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll be the light that guides you home(seeking a kingdom)
    Do you believe you're missin' out?
    That everything good is happening somewhere else?

It takes all the power within me not to slip out of my roguish mask and chuckle as sweetly as I am able when she swoons. Her youth is both the sword she holds and the sword thrust between her ribs, but alas, I am no devil, only the devil’s younger brother. In fact, I happen to be the most gentlemanly horse out there… Just not tonight. You must allow me this one night to play the rogue, for by the looks of this mare’s attempts at being alluring, it is certainly working to my advantage.

“Lantern…” I murmur emphatically, gazing at her with a dangerously quirked eyebrow. As her laugh trills through the night, I smirk coolly, leaning my weight to one side, like a senior crossing his arms and leaning against the wall just for you, my dear Lantern. How sweet the attention must feel. “Of course,” I agree, dropping my gaze to her hooves before slowly, agonizingly, teasingly drawing it all the way back up to that very same glow. Oh, how all those years of flirting endlessly have paid off.

Her elegant head has followed mine, her breath continuously sweet upon my tongue. Our closeness causes a pinch of guilt in my stomach, but I steel myself. If I do manage to slip this teenager into the Chamber, the flirtations will certainly end. I will always be true to Pomona, but I am of the Chamber, and I will pull whatever strings to serve Her, even the ones most forbidden. Smirking darkly, I lip the bridge of her nose just as she slips away from me, daring her to just try and escape me.

“Join me and find out, Lantern.” I purr, watching her attempt to regain some composure with a humoured smirk. Youth. She really is rather beautiful, I do admit, and I do not at all dislike her attempts at being alluring. “And I promise, you will find me the least bit boring…” The light-hearted part of me wants to wink, but instead I lay my heavy gaze upon her, watching her squirm under the suggestiveness of my phrase. How… bad of me.

“I would be happier to show you the Chamber,” I remark with a shift of my eyes, as though disappointed in her lack of want to come run away with me. When I return my eyes to hers, it is with a fire in their amber depths. “Or to show you off,” It is but a whisper, dark and sultry and tempting. It is the reverse of who I am known to be, but who I am known to be is not truly who I am.

Not always.

My dark-lined mouth has opened once more when a sickeningly feminine voice appears beside me. Closing my jaw with a click, I switch my weight to the other side, placing myself closer to Lantern and further from Camrynn. In light of my roguish demeanor, I do not greet the Queen or even dip my head to her. The Chamber bows to no one, not even the Governor. And especially not when they interrupt.

“Yes…” I say with a last lingering look at Camrynn as she allows me to speak again, as though I couldn’t have if she hadn’t. Wisps of a smirk tickle my lips as I turn my gaze to Lantern, expectancy in my eyes. “As I was saying, my exotic girl, would you do me the… pleasure… of joining me to the Chamber?” And oh, how she will say yes, if only Camrynn has not distracted her attention too gravely.

KAVI
    Kagerou x Rhaego

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll be the light that guides you home(seeking a kingdom) - by Kavi - 05-03-2015, 02:37 PM