• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i've been waiting for you;

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
    My heart breaks for this little girl, even as my lips smile at her words. Bear indeed. But his response keeps the smile there. I look him over, having not seen him before but that is forgivable since Dad had allowed mares in to the ranks. The activity in the Tundra had soared. I continue to stay quiet, blowing warm breaths onto the girl even as she lips at my grey fur and tells us a piece of her story.

My ears flicker as Romek reassures her and I smile slightly, nodding in agreement. I take his name as he says it, introduces himself to both of us really, and store it away. His face, the way he smells against the little girl, the sound of his voice, I take it all and store it away in the memory banks of my mind. Not that there is much there to sift through. My interactions in the Tundra have been primary amongst my family and before that it was nothing but the fairies in the Adoption Den.

"I'm Lieschel." I say with a pause, looking down at the girl and then up at Romek. "But you can call me Lee." Before my gaze drops back down to hers. "I like your spots, they are pretty." I say quietly, my lips brushing against them gently, glad she was able to speak and nestled into both of our warm bodies. It made my heart happy and sad at the same time. Glad she was alive and sad that she was here with us, not her family. She had obviously loved them very much.

Maybe I had loved my birth mom that much.

I lick the new tears off her cheeks. "Hush now. Don't cry little one." I do my best to comfort her.

A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.

Messages In This Thread
    i've been waiting for you; - by Ashr - 07-24-2016, 01:44 AM
    RE: i've been waiting for you; - by Romek - 07-24-2016, 03:06 AM
    RE: i've been waiting for you; - by Lieschel - 07-25-2016, 10:04 AM
    RE: i've been waiting for you; - by Ashr - 07-27-2016, 01:17 AM
    RE: i've been waiting for you; - by Romek - 08-01-2016, 02:52 PM
    RE: i've been waiting for you; - by Lieschel - 08-01-2016, 03:33 PM