• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  oh, endless night [any]

we carry these things inside that no one else can see
    they hold us down like anchors; they drown us out at sea

Magnus did not have to wait long for someone to join him. He lifted his heavy-jawed head to see the blue roan approach him. “Indeed,” he replied carefully, looking out toward the rest of the kingdom—most of which slumbered. “But the Gates have seen worse times and have always risen above it. The kingdom simply needs attention and a little sweat.” And bloodshed from time to time, although Magnus does not say that just yet. Such necessities did not always make for good conversation.

“I cannot say that I’ve seen you before, but it is a pleasure all the same, Zeik.”

His attention, however, was quickly diverted when the mare joined the group. “Felinae!” he cried, taking a quick leap forward so that he could bump his nose against her in greeting. “It does my heart good to see you again.” Stepping backward, he took a second to study her, assuaging any fears he may have carried since his return regarding her well-being. “It brings me even more pleasure to know that you are doing well while still calling the Gates home. What a lucky kingdom she is to have captured your heart.”

As Felinae explains the situation to Zeik, he falls silent, but cannot stop himself from a gaze that wanders hopefully to the rest of the kingdom. As if Minette would somehow appear with his child in tow. When Felinae falls quiet again, he looks back toward her, slightly more somber. “You guys did a very good job of saving yourselves. I was merely there as backup.” He waits a beat before asking because he could not help himself. “Have you perchance seen Minette? I haven’t caught wind of her since my return…”

His voice trailed off and his lips pressed thin together, worry etched into his handsome features. But he doesn’t let his fear bring down the mood of the reunion, instead tucking it into the corner of his heart to think on later. “And, yes. Indeed. I have returned.” From what, he could not say—did not say. They would not believe him even if he did. He wasn’t even sure that he believed it and he was the one who had lived through it. Looking back out to the kingdom, he gave a roguish smile with all of the optimism of a man rolling up his sleeves to greet a new day. “It looks like it is time to get to work.”

magnus

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    oh, endless night [any] - by magnus - 07-28-2016, 01:53 AM
    RE: oh, endless night [any] - by Z e i k - 07-30-2016, 10:42 PM
    RE: oh, endless night [any] - by Felinae - 08-08-2016, 11:53 AM
    RE: oh, endless night [any] - by magnus - 08-08-2016, 11:43 PM