• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  From A Hemlock Tree; EVERYONE/MANDATORY

i swallow my doubt, turn it inside out - find nothing but faith in nothing.

Irritation begins to seethe and simmer beneath the surface of her clenched jaw and fierce eyes, though she swallows the acrid bitterness to the pit of her stomach. She is blinded by what festers within her stewing mind, the heavy gears turning as she bides carefully over her words - she knows what such bold language could result in, but the finely preened feathers that line her heavy wings begins to bristle as the muscles beneath her golden skin fill with a slowly building tension. It takes everything within her not to strike at him verbally; his sneer and authoritative tone are nothing more than disrespectful fodder and if she had hackles to stir within her esophagus, it would rumble loudly enough for all to hear for miles.

Alas, she is suddenly jarred from her defensive stance, her firmly wrought brow raising - perplexed. The heavy tenor of Magnus' smooth, svelte voice rumbled with a ferocity she had not heard before, and she could not hide the faint tug of a wry grin pulling at her whiskered mouth. A shiver of delight runs along the course of her spine, and she is drawn to him all the more - his words are firm, his passion and conviction evident, and his humorless, unsettling laughter is enough to send tremors through the firm ground below. Breathlessly, her observant gaze watches as his chin dips just slightly to acknowledge those surrounding, but with finality in his thick tone, he turns and heedlessly leaves.

Her gaze lingers too long on him as he retreats, before her own heavy, soulful eyes peer onto that of her King.

"You are tactless, and insulting - you claim to not seek power, and now you tell us where each of us will go? No, your Majesty," And such a lonely title it will be to behold. "I will be no envoy of such spineless absurdity.  I do not seek the throne; I care not for useless proverbial trinkets - but to claim none of us care the way that you do? A strange way to enlist our loyalty. I yearn for life to stir here, but I will not be disrespected. I have had enough."

She says little else, turning cheek and moving seamlessly through the delicately swaying grasses.

Ellyse

Messages In This Thread
    RE: From A Hemlock Tree; EVERYONE - by magnus - 08-01-2016, 02:05 AM
    RE: From A Hemlock Tree; EVERYONE/MANDATORY - by Ellyse - 08-01-2016, 10:29 PM
    RE: From A Hemlock Tree; EVERYONE/MANDATORY - by Ellyse - 08-08-2016, 11:37 PM
    RE: From A Hemlock Tree; EVERYONE/MANDATORY - by Ellyse - 08-17-2016, 01:55 AM