• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

make a dragon wanna retire man [any]
    It wasn't hard to find, not that I expected it to be. A place called the "tundra"... just keep following the cold air. I can't say I like the cold, those winter coats really make the girls look... puffy. Don't get me wrong, I'll take a thick girl any day; but the fluffy look isn't my thing. How's that song go? I want 'em real thick and juicy. God now it's stuck in my head. Well at least it's something to think about other than how freakin' cold it is.

I'm trying to remember what the tundra is. I know I've heard about it way back when, but then this chick in the field got all I thought I knew all screwed up. I thought it was just a bunch of dudes acting all macho and not getting enough sex. But then this Mari chick picks me up in the field and says she lives here and she doesn't seem like some emotionally scarred sex slave, so I don't even know what to think anymore. But I'm hopeful. Maybe even with the cold and the fluffiness there will be something here that will be worth it. I can act macho I guess. I am pretty buff after all. But fighting? Who even has time for that? Why would you want to mess yourself up like that? It's beyond me, man. 

So anyway, here I am. Bay tobiano. Smoldering. I mean, not really smoldering... I'm sure someone here has that cool trait but I'm just talking about my looks. It's not that deep. Not dressed for the occasion... definitely not fluffy.
    I shall wear no crowns and win no glory
    Vaughan is a terrible socialite. He didn't care much for happy smiles and warm welcomes and the recent explosion of people left him quite stressed, autumn was here but soon winter would be upon them and food had been scarce last winter with just the brothers dwelling here. He has grown accustomed to seeing new faces each day and so he doesn't bother instilling border patrol, it would be a tireless job at this rate.

He does spot a bay tobiano in the distance that has a look of confusion, perhaps he was just thinking too loudly in his own head but Vaughan decided to greet him. "Are you lost?" he says, staring blankly at the stallion sizing up his slick pelt and scarless body, "I'm Vaughan, part of the Tundra army but I see you bear no scars so I assume diplomacy suits you." He says coldly, wondering what ever could another kingdom want now; their cave had been stripped of its magic, wasn't that enough? He just waits, a little soured in mood for whatever this man would provide for entertainment. 

V A U G H A N
    Who cares if hell awaits?
    We're having drinks at heaven's gate.

Relief is the expression upon her delicate features to see the painted stallion breach the entrance to the Tundra. Her limbs are moving to guide her in his direction. Creamy tresses carry outward in a lovely flag but before she can call, Vaughan is meeting Aurumn, questioning him like a dutiful soldier.

Maribel catches up just in time to hear the first bit's of the dark stallion's words. With a quick nod in greeting, she offers both stallion a small (almost bashful) smile. She's seen the long eared man around the Tundra, most recently at the kingdom meeting. And so before Aurumn can say two things, Mari interjects. "Oh no, he isn't lost. I met him in the Field and he decided that the Tundra suited him." She falls quiet again with a small, crooked smile on her lips, tossing the fringe of her locks from her brow. At this time, she await to hear what Aurumn may say of what caste he desires but decides to tack onto Vaughan's words. "We also have residents so if you decide no caste suits you that's just fine." The young mare quips brightly with her ever present smile.

M A R I B E L
    A U R U M N
    too hot, hot damn

I guess the best way to describe the look on my face when this dude approaches is "slightly intrigued". But not curious, I mean I could really care less man. Your ears are weird, but I'm not like, gonna lose sleep over it. Beqanna is an odd place after all. I'm sure your ears aren't even the biggest or most interesting in its illustrious history. But man, your sour look just makes the whole package kinda hilarious really. You should really work on that. Relax a little. 

And before I can even consider what you have to say, that chick from the field comes trotting over with that same innocent smile on her face. I'm beginning to think she's like some purity fairy that's come to haunt me. As long as she doesn't show up when I'm chatting up a female I guess...

My head moves from one to the other as they talk, trying to hide the boredom for the formalities. "Like she said, man. Just here to check it out." My voice doesn't hide the boredom. I nod as he introduces himself. "I'm Aurumn." My ears push back in indignation as he assumes I'm not military material. Besides all the crazy weeds I've possibly consumed in the past few years, I'm totally physically lit.

"Maybe I'm just that good." I say with a smirk. But nah man, I'm not gonna fight for some kingdom I just stumbled into. My eyes move sideways a little to Mari as she talks about residents. That sounds more my speed, but I don't like this dude's tone so I'm not about to just sit back on my ass while he keeps that condescending look on his mug. "Just call me Mr. Ambassador then." 

This can't end well.

make a dragon wanna retire man