• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway-{Garreth,Any}
    Josie

the petite ebony mare casually traveled around the Tundra, with no particular place in mind. Although still covered in snow and ice the Tundra was much warmer in the spring, that might sound crazy but it carried itself in a different manner. Her coat was fuzzy and bulky for all the seasons now that she claimed the Tundra as her home. Her black pelt the opposite color the her surroundings, it was hard to remain hidden. Although she was usually out searching for a friend to talk to, sometimes it was nice to have peace and quiet.

Each step crunched packing the snow beneath her hooves, she lowered her head, forelock dropping down over her eyes. She nudged some snow aside to search for the green grass below that begged for fresh air. Grabbing a mouthful when she found some and returning her head to its normal position. Her ears perked up and she scanned the area, there was an eerie feeling as if someone else was with her.

Like The Dancer Before Me

@[Garreth]
    OOC: sorry i hate intro posts, just wanted to get something up.
    Thanata had heard of this little mare before. According to the tales, she'd been born a weak foal, but had since grown into a fine and capable mare, one who would defend herself and those she loved with great vigor. Thanata was like that as well, but she often preferred words over the use of teeth and hooves.

With the time passing here though, and the situations she'd run into since joining the Tundra, she found herself using her teeth and hooves more and more. That frightened her a little; she felt that she was changing a little TOO fast for her own liking. She'd always believed that peace triumphed over confrontation, the use of words over hooves prevailed in the end. But, on occasion, she found herself fully willing to fight in order to get her point across.

What was this kingdom doing to her? How much was it changing her? What... what would she become?

Well, at least the one thing that would never change is Thanata's quiet, but friendly personality. Around mares, she had little issues, since she'd lived around stallions the majority of her life before coming here. So, when she spotted Josie grazing in the meadow, the Friesian mare decided to go over and greet her, wanting to know how the younger mare was doing as of late.

Unlike Josie's pelt, which was still a little fuzzy, possibly with her fur being a late shedder, Thanata's was a sleek raven black, her winter coat having fully shed near the beginning of spring. It did still retain some of its thickness to help shield Thanata's body from the frigid airs that existed within the Tundra at all times, but they were nothing compared to winter, so the majority of her thick coat was now gone. Her long mane, though a bit tangled, was still thick and dark, falling over the left side like a waterfall tumbling down a cliff. Her long forelock hung over her left eye, as it usually did, something Thanata never really cared about.

Approaching the young mare, Thanata greeted in a quiet, friendly voice, "Good morning Josie. How are you doing today?"
    Garreth
    When the tall, muscular Fresian stallion entered the kingdom of ice, he felt a wave of contentment wash over him. Memories, painful, yet satisfying, flooded his brain. Memories of playing in the snow with his father. Memories of his father saying "I love you, I'm proud of you," while standing in that same snow. 

But Garreth feared his father would not be proud of him now. He'd made a mistake. He'd run away from becoming king of their herd after his father had died. This was Garreth's biggest fear - that his father would never be proud of him. So he'd start a new life for himself. He would become a member of the kingdom of Tundra. He would be perfect, so his father could look down from the heavens and say "I'm proud of you" once more. 

There he was, standing on land covered in snow. There weren't many trees, and Garreth did not exactly blend in with is jet black, glossy pelt and thick, tall, muscular figure. Garreth had a sudden urge to run, and he did. The cold wind brushed his face and his long, curly forelock fell in his face. Which normally didn't matter. But now, with his vision impaired, he hit something up ahead. Blowing his forelock out of his mane, he realized he stood nose to nose with a small, raven-haired mare. 

Garreth was blushing profusely. "I am so, so sorry, madam. Are you okay?" Then he realized they were not alone. He turned his body so he could view both the small mare he'd collided into, and the large, muscular Fresian mare, who looked a lot like him, except with more refined, pretty features. "Hello to you both, and I apologize for the intrusion." He bowed. "I am Garreth. And you two lovely ladies are..?"
    Protect what matters with everything you have or you'll have nothing
    Josie

The ebony mares senses were correct, another equine surely was in the area. It was a taller, bigger built mare of the same color. She watched as the mare approached, she gave a greeting even know Josies name. Josie cocked her head and looked at her confusingly I'm sorry I don't think we have met before. What is your name? she gazed curious to how the mare knew who Josie was. Although I am doing well, and yourself? she asked in return.

Her ears flicked off to the left while her head remained on the mare, she heard another running in the distance and when she flicked her head she was greeted by another horse. This one was a stallion, of an almost matching build to the mare beside her. There muzzles were basically touching, Josie stepped back gently to give them both room. The stallion gave an apology and asked if she was okay yes, yes, I am fine thank you. she snorted gazing over the stallion who had a muscular build.

Who were these two horses? She has never seen them, they must be new to the kingdom. Josie was of the last batch to go through the kingdoms initiation and both these equines were not there. She pushed the thoughts from her head as she gazed over to the stallion who spoke again, he gave an apology for intruding, even though he really wasn't interrupting anything. He introduced himself as Garreth, the stallion had some manners which Josie could appreciate. She gave a dip of her head in respect to the stallion My name is Josie, are you new to the kingdom? she asked with a gentle tone, she would have introduced the mare beside her but they had only just met.

@[Garreth]
    @[Thanata]
    Thanata stuttered a moment, forgetting that Josie was still new to the kingdom, so she probably hadn't met all the members yet, whereas Thanata had heard of the new addition to the Tundra.

She shuffled a hoof, a little embarrassed, "Sorry about that; I forgot we haven't met. I heard about you from a couple other horses though, so I figured I would come say hello. My name is Thanata. And I'm doing good, thanks for asking."

Thanata smiled warmly at the smaller mare, glad that she seemed to be adjusting to this place well. Then, when the mare's attention seemed concerned on something else, Thanata's head went up, curious as to what Josie sensed. A couple of seconds passed before Thanata spotted a black coated stallion running toward them, his body coming to a halt just mere seconds before he totally ran Josie over flat. At the very least, he bumped into her, their muzzles bumping a little in the process.

The stallion seemed a bit embarrassed about what just happened, because as soon as he gained a handle on the situation, he apologized to Josie for nearly running her over. Josie assured the stallion that she was okay, and the two of them introduced themselves to each other.

Thanata dipped her tapered head to the stallion, a sign of greeting, though kept her eyes on him, a bit wary. Though Thanata's caution of life had lightened a little since coming here and finding a home in the Tundra, she still exhibited great hesitance around stallions, with the exception of a few. Offspring and Brynmor had been the first to welcome her, and while she was still a bit careful around them, she trusted both stallions moreso than the others that lived here.

The Friesian gave a light smile as she introduced herself to the stallion, "Greetings... Garreth. My name is Thanata. Are you one of the Tundra's newest members?"
    Garreth
    Because of his thick black coat, Garreth really wasn't troubled at all by the snow. In fact, he enjoyed the cold. Ice numbed pain, and that was certainly something the massive raven-haired stallion appreciated. He'd certainly had way too much of that. 

Garreth smiled, relieved that Josie was okay. "I'm glad you're okay, Josie. To have such a pretty lady as yourself get injured would be quite dreadful." Although he meant what he said, he hoped the petite black mare wouldn't take his comment out of context. He wasn't trying to flirt; he was just used to flattering, diplomacy, and politeness. 

Garreth nodded to the Fresian mare. "Pleased to meet you Thanata." He paused before speaking again. "Well, I'm very new here, but Vaughan recruited me in the fields, we took a few detours, and now I'm here. I'm planning on officially joining, yes." 

His eyes swept over the vast wonderland of wintery white. "So, how do you both like it here?," he asked, curious. "What's it like?"
    Protect what matters with everything you have or you'll have nothing

ooc: sorry for the complicatedness. Garreth is currently in the chambers with Vaughan doing mock battles, so he technically hasn't joined yet, and he's sorta just.. here. XD
    Josie

Josie gazed over to the black mare who introduced herself as Thantana, she has been here longer than Josie and heard of her. She did not say anything but gazed at her, curious to who and what they said. She was newer here and had few friends, she was curious to who else had noticed her but she did not ask any questions. Her attention flickered between Garreth and Thantan as she introduced herself to him.

She gave a humble chuckle when the stallion noted it would have been dreadful if he hurt her in there near collision. He was good at charming without trying, The stallion noted that he was new here and that Vaughan recruited him. A gentle smile curled on her lips, Vaughan was the member to recruit her and a gentle soul he was. He noted that they took detours but he was planning on officially joining. officially? as in he is not yet a member? Her fur stood up on her body, she was talking to a horse in Tundra territory who was not yet a Tundra member. Although she relaxed as he did mention Vaughan, he would not have brought someone to the kingdom who would have been a threat.

She was taken away by her thoughts but snapped back to reality at the sound of Garreths voice, this time he asked if her and Thantana liked the Tundra and what it was like. She gave a nod of her head Oh yes! It is lovely here! she sounded like a child on Christmas We are like a giant family, some kingdoms are just horses living with each other, but we all care for each other. the words she spoke were true, there was not hostility between members that she knew of, and all the equines she has met were beyond friendly. Have you chosen a caste yet? she asked curious to his future in the kingdom. where do you come from? she asked equally curious to his past, she took in a deep breath and refrained from further bombarding him with questions.

@[Thanata]
    @[Garreth]