• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

With my speechless calm eyes - Mandatory diplomacy meeting
    With my speechless calm eyes,
    nothing is coming to rise.

A lot of things had happened since he had first come to the Tundra. Although it wasn’t really the right thing to say that he came to the Tundra, no, he was lead towards it. It had been Hurricane who had brought him here and that really had been one of the best things that had ever happened to him in life. Another was meeting Roan, who he dearly loved and devoted himself to. After his slip up with Anahera and Henson’s birth he had sworn to never think about any other mare like that. He had been sucked into another world too, forced into another form twice and he had been given temporary sight. It had been a djinn that eventually had given him his sight.

And things didn’t stop there. With his sight restored, after living a part of his life blind, Brynmor had only become more eager to contribute to the Tundra. He lived his life for two things, his family and the Tundra, and thus far it had paid off. He had been active, even before Offspring had taken over the reign from Hurricane, but now he had achieved that what he had never thought that would happen. Not only did Brynmor carry the title of the Tundra’s lord, he now too was her governor. Honestly, he still wasn’t sure if he had what it took, but once again the graying male would give it his all. Just like he had always done.

He calls them together, all the Tundra’s diplomats. He knew a few of them. He had seen Maribel grow up and he had also been the one who had first approached Thanata and G’ren when they had come to the Tundra to seek refuge. Although he was still getting used to the idea that mares now served their ranks too, he was glad that both of them had found the courage to contribute to the Tundra in this way. But there were also a few that he hadn’t met at all, and with his new rank as governor he should know all those that persuaded a career in the diplomacy caste.

He watches them as they gather, offering them all a smile as he studies their faces. He indeed wasn’t that much of a stallion, especially compared to Offspring, but he had never felt bothered by it. ”For those that don’t know me, I’m Brynmor. I asked all of you to come here to get to know you, as there have been a lot of new faces in the Tundra lately.” He pauses, not wanting to press too much information on them at once. That wouldn’t do any good and it wasn’t like they were in a hurry or anything.

”Other than that I want to express the importance of recruiting, our numbers have grown rapidly, but we always need more valuable members. Also, try stealing from other kingdoms, practise your skills in mock debates. But keep in mind who our allies are and weight your options carefully.” He feels somewhat awkward, not used to speak like this to others. Brynmor is serious in his role and he wants to do it in the right way, but at the same time he doesn’t want to be like a teacher that lectures his students, because they aren’t, or at least, not all of them.

BRYNMOR

This is a mandatory diplomacy meeting, for all those in the diplomacy caste, but also those who are casteless and are willing to join the caste are welcome to reply Smile
    A U R U M N
    too hot, hot damn

What the hell did I just do? “Diplomat”? Sounds like the worst word ever right now. And now I have to work. Just because I didn’t want to let long-ears feel all superior and shit. And no sooner did I say I’d do it and some other dude is calling all the “diplomats” together. I had just started thinking that maybe it was all just a joke. Like we just call each other diplomats and soldiers and then go about our lives like normal. But no, someone is making a racket and I guess I have to go because otherwise long-ears and the innocent girl will think I’m a loser. 

Lazy. Fun loving. But not a loser. I’m too good for that. So I shuffle myself over to the grey stallion. He isn’t much to look at physically compared to me. Maybe I should have thought about the army after all. I could have just faked some serious disease or eaten beets and pretended I was pissing blood afterwards if it ever came to actually fighting. At least I look more like a soldier than a “diplomat”. And I bet it would attract the ladies more. Maybe a scar or two wouldn’t be so bad, it would add to my sex appeal. 

But damn I don’t want to ruin this god-given body like that. It would just be a sin, man. Anyway, this dude is talking now and I have to at least look like I’m paying attention and interested. “Yeah… I’m Aurumn. Just joined up.” I offer nonchalantly. I toss a little smile at any ladies that have shown up. I'm sure they are more interested in the bay tobiano stud with the great hair than this boring get-together, might as well give them a little fan-service. 

He drones on about recruiting, stealing, debates… Yawn. Am I right? Yeah. Anyway, I guess a trip or two out and about to the warmer regions can only benefit me. I can always just say it was for recruiting. Especially if I bring a female or two back. “Got it.” I reply, already lost in my own, more interesting, thoughts. This was one of those meetings that could should have been an email.

make a dragon wanna retire man
    - Jord -
    Jord

Jord was minding her own business.. thinking about her past.. or what she could remember of it. Her ears perked when she heard a call for all diplomats from a unknown voice. She treaded with caution toward the voice before realizing it was  friendly. She walked upon two stallions. One seaming to be the one who called the meeting. She listened to his words before speaking.. "My name is Jord. It's a pleasure to meet you both." She said with a genuine smile upon her maw.  Her hazel eyes looked around, seeing that not many had gathered. She had really only met Offspring in the Tundra. She made a mental note to try to go around and meet others in the tundra. Jord had never really had much responsibility in her life, but was willing to learn."I will do my best to recruit many new equine. I'm not sure about stealing but I'll see what i can do."  Jord felt a calling within her to be the best she could for her new home.  

ooc: Sorry  my muse wasnt feeling this for some reason T_T
    The mare had returned from her travel, and with a colt, but not of her blood. She had adopted a colt with broken wings, who she felt called to bring home to the Tundra. She found her mother, G'ren, sleeping and heard Brynmor calling all diplomats, and woks her gently. "Mum. Diplomat meeting. Go on. I'll explain him later, okay?" She tells her mother when she sees the colt, Gears, and starts to ask questions. She nods once, and groggily starts towards the greyed stallion she trusted so well.
    - - - - -
    G'ren Fire had been peacefully sleeping, had been wittling the days away while her daughter Rael Fire was gone, but when woken by a female voice she realizes it is her daughter. She shifted her weight, having slept standing, and her eyes open to see her grullo daughter and a bay tobiano winged colt behind her. "Who-" She starts before being cut off by her daughter, hearing Rael out and nodding once, turning towards where Brynmor stood and arriving third.

"I will do my best to recruit new, valuable members. My daughter adopted a colt, and he lives with us here now. I hope he will prove a valuable member." She says proudly, warmth in her eyes and voice, before continuing. "I will steal if I can, but I do not guaranteed anyone." She finishes, a slight note of discomfort on her tone as she ends her statement on stealing. Her auds flick to the side, and she fidgets and steps to the side, trying to stay awake, since she was tired from her older age.
    Who cares if hell awaits?
    We're having drinks at heaven's gate.

The golden woman's attention is caught by Brynmor's voice, It is assertive but not demanding. A few moments pass as she listens further, lobes moving restlessly before she moves to seek the stallion, biding his request.

When Mari arrives, there are already a few other horses. Mostly mares that had recently approached the topic of gaining promotions. Mari had already immersed herself in recruiting new equines but she listens anyway, noting that she should return to the field after Brynmor concludes the meeting.

Already, Mari had completed a steal (though friendly) she was not detected. But for now she remains quiet in the stallion's presence and listens politely to his desires and advice.

M A R I B E  L

Sorry it's short, wasn't sure if she was required to respond.
    With my speechless calm eyes,
    nothing is coming to rise.

One by one they start showing up. He’s grateful that they answer his call, even if some of them don’t know him. That was one of the reasons why he had called them together. It would be important to know each other, to spend time together and learn from other’s adventures outside of the kingdom. He wanted friendship to blossom and friendly rivalry to drive them to succession. But more important was that he wanted them all to know about their visits and their opinion on things.

Eventually almost all of diplomats are there. However, he misses the presence of Thanata, the tall but very shy and anxious mare that had signed herself up for the diplomacy caste once the ranks opened to females. Brynmor also doesn’t notice Josie, the young mare that had joined Offspring and Maribel on their visit to the Jungle. His blue eyes travels around, but no, she really isn’t there. Maribel is here though, just as G’ren Fire and two unfamiliar faces. First there is Aurumn and the graying male offers him a smile and a slight dip of the head, before the nonchalant tone of his voice actually annoys him somewhat. But maybe that was only the first impression.

The other new face is a dark mare, obviously still young, but with potential. She seemed friendly and serious about this, which she would need if she wanted to climb the ranks. ”It’s a pleasure to meet you both, Aurumn, Jord. I’m looking forward to work with you.” He genuinely means it, but it counts for all the others too. Brynmor wanted to see the kingdom thrive and a way of doing that was by training the young and new brothers and sisters.

”Now, since we’ve all gathered, I’d like each of you to share your experience with and knowledge of other kingdoms.” With that he takes a small step back, gaze meeting with each of them, as he patiently waits for the first one to speak up. He wanted to know what they had been up to, what they had learned, which rumours they had heard and how they put the things together. It also was a good way of sharing and learning all together. Because even he couldn’t know what exactly was happening in all of the kingdoms.

BRYNMOR

@[Josie] @[Thanata]
    Even though Thanata was still working on overcoming the crippling fear of being around others, thanks to a great deal of time and adaption, she was getting better. She was now okay with having horses around her, though she still preserved a huge space bubble. If a horse got too close to her, Thanata would move away, not wanting anyone near her.

She had indeed hear Brynmor's call, but Thanata had been lurking near the edge of the territory, far away from where the diplomat meeting was taking place. Naturally, even at a fast gait, it had taken her a while to get there. When she did, she was a bit out of breath, considering she'd been running for so long. Her coat was a bit lathered despite the frigid temperatures outside, and her nostrils flared with each breath.

As she regained her breath, the mare listened quietly to the other members of the diplomat caste as they gave their progress reports to Brynmor. Deciding to speak up, letting Brynmor know of one thing she'd been up too, she took a deep breath to steel her confidence.

"I ran into a mare from the Falls one day when I was out, looking for new members to recruit," Thanata said. "The Falls have become a little hostile towards horses from other kingdoms. I do not believe they are looking for any alliances right now; they are still worried more will happen to their kingdom should they allow newcomers."
    ROMEK
    The spotted stallion, although less than gifted in the talents of the tongue, is not quite stupid enough to not realise the importance of diplomacy. They don’t live on an isolated island, after all, and the comings and goings of the other kingdoms are awfully important. Romek had been in the process of stealing a Jungle mare when Offspring had mentioned they were trying to foster good relations. So when he hears the call for the Tundra diplomats, he heads over in that direction.

He slips in easily and quietly, beside Maribel, briefly lipping at her mane in greeting before turning to Brynmor and all the speaking. A lot of speaking. It’s when a black mare speaks of the Falls that he realises that he does actually have something to contribute, after all.

”Hello. I am Romek. I’m not a diplomat. I hope I am still welcome.” his golden eyes are still and calm as he makes eye contact briefly with the Governor. ”The Falls’ soldiers are active. Twice, I have gone to the mock battleground, and twice a soldier of the Falls has taken the challenge. The first had been little more than an inexperienced boy. But a nice enough lad. Andras, is his name, and one who I also consider a friend. He has come to visit the Tundra before. The second was a mare, and a whole lot more competent.”

Now, he didn’t know if his experiences were even relevant here, but he felt it might be worth mentioning. He settles in to listen to them.
    fuck all your dreams, they’re not all they seem
    Josie
    Josie
    Like the dancer before me

The mare gently swayed her thin body as she prepared to leave the kingdom, yet again ready to recruit new members. Although as she was attempting to slip away she heard the call from another better check it out she thought to herself. She moved towards the sound, admittedly a little slow, and as she found the caller she also found a group of equines. Ahh a diplomat meeting she thought to herself as she gazed around to the equines already here.

The stallion who called the meeting introduces himself as Brynmor, She has heard plenty of him, and even seen him around. But she never held a conversation with him, she gently dipped her head in respect as he introduced himself. He than proceeded to explain the calling of the meeting, to continue to recruit members for the kingdom. She dipped her head in agreement and listened to the other equines speak about there efforts. They all seemed pretty willing to better the Kingdom which drew a smile to her maw. She was to distracted by everyones response to give one of her own, and before she knew it Brynmor asked another question; he asked of the other kingdoms.

She listened as two of the horses spoke up, both spoke of the Falls, a strong Kingdom although more hostile towards equines. Respectively of course, almost all the Kingdoms were hostile towards strangers in the lands. She stepped forward, being born in the Dale, My name is Josie to those who don't know me a gentle dip of her head out of respect I was born in the Dale, the Kingdom is very quiet, but capable of protecting themselves. she wasn't sure if her information was useful but hopefully it would play a role should they consider changes in alliances.

OOC: SORRY! I didn't see this!
    G'ren Fire listened to the others' replies. Last she had been outside the icy Tundra, she had seen the kingdoms all holding a more frequent patrol. The Falls, one of the nearest kingdoms, had patrols going in pairs or so often. She noted the stallion warrior menrioning some matches he had that revealed a decent warrior mare, and remembered that. Information would be needed, no matter how small, to remember how kingdoms function. She had a couple small questions for him, to ask later.

She remembers looking about near the Cove, and it was very quiet, as if in a lull. But she had heard word they had become active again. "I have some information to contribute, Brynmor. When I was in between kingdoms, I noticed a pair on patrol. The few times beforehand, I had only noticed them going one at a time. This might come in handy, might not. It sounds like, tied with you," - G'ren Fire looks at Romek to signal his information about the mock pairings - "Romek, your information about the horses who took up ypur challenge, that they have increased training. This is only hypothetical, we should note. That is all I have as of today." She finishes, nodding her head slightly to Brynmor and glancing around once before stepping back, having said her part she is eager to listem to the others who haven't yet spoken.
    Holding Out on Grades