• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

taste the fear ( Chamber, Tundra, Dale)

The storm began to get stronger as he pressed on along the edge of the trees. His long black mane and tail now stuck uncomfortably on his body. His face also covered by a long wet forelock. He didn't know why he just doesn't stop again to rest, but he felt that he would gain something by keeping on. Even though he blended effortlessly in the night, the sound of his hooves sticking in the mud would give him away to everyone and anyone. In no way could he be sneaky in this weather. Soon enough he too hears the sound of hooves in the mud, more than his four...a voice rings from behind him, female. His dark head swung round to look to whomever spoke. He noticed this mare was the color of the storm clouds above when a flash of lightning cracked from behind them. She introduces herself as Talulah, he just realizes this is the first horse that wasn't his mother or god forsaken sister that has ever spoken to him. He tries to muster up a sincere smile. The grey girl speaks again, this time asking if he is new to Beqanna. He had never spoken to an other horse before, the young stag is a little nervous to answer, but does anyway. "Hello Talulah, my name is Noctus...and yes, I am returning to Beqanna. I have been searching for my young sister...but alas, no luck." As he ends his sentence, he feels another presence. This time it was a black stallion filled with scarring like none he has ever seen before. If he were a less sheltered child, he would have known this was the scarring seen on the Tundra brothers. Noctus had no idea, mostly because his mother Shadowmere had been taken in as a prisoner there many years back, she hated the place ever since. The black scarred stallion offers his name and suggests shelter. This didn't seem like a bad idea to him. Plus he realized that his first companion has a very young child. He looks to Errant and nods his head, "Hello Errant, my name is Noctus...and shelter sounds good." He looks to Talulah and her foal, then back to Errant and takes a few steps toward the scarred stranger.

As soon as he begins his walk forward, his ears flick backward as he hears more muddy hoofsteps. This time it was yet another large dark stallion. He wonders if he would look like Errant and this new dark stranger when he ages more. This stallion sounds older, and very much distinguished like Errant. This dark stag states his name, Erebor. Noctus nods his head respectfully, and speaks with his usual soft high voice. Puberty had not yet blessed the young black stag with a deeper voice. My name is Noctus. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." He now realizes he has no idea where these horses are from. Light orangey brown eyes gleam with curiosity from under long soaked strands of forelock. So, where are you all from? I never had a home growing up, my mother Shadowmere, she never liked to have one set place to stay. She had us live like nomads. I didn't mind, but my sister did. That is why I am here. I have been looking for my sister..." Noctus stops himself as the words began to sound dark.. He doesn't want to say anymore. Slipping his and his mother's dark plans for his sister would probably not go to smoothly. His face shows a bit of disgust at the thought of not pulling through on his end of his mother given mission, he doesn't realize his facial expression until a moment later. He shook his mane and forelock out, trying not to spray his company with water. He looks to all of them, wondering what their stories are, their pasts. But he has no power to figure that out. Seeing other horses interacting normally without any manipulative tones was new to him. With three horses here, he wondered if he would end up following one of them back to where they are from.

Messages In This Thread
    taste the fear ( Chamber, Tundra, Dale) - by Noctus - 04-30-2015, 11:51 PM
    RE: taste the fear ( Chamber, Tundra, Dale) - by Noctus - 05-03-2015, 11:09 AM