• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There was a birch tree in the field; Misra

Things had been quiet for the Budyonny of late, something that seemed to be a regular state of affairs for him.  Truly, though, he didn't mind this.  Solitude gave him a chance to try and work out the jumbled feelings that were plaguing him more and more recently, feelings that seemed to center around the gray pegasus who called herself Misra.  Ever since she had arrived in the Chamber, back when he still had working eyes and had seen the foal tagging along at her side, there'd been a little niggling feeling at the back of his mind that had only grown with time.  Right now, it's practically doing an imitation of the bear in his head that had once given him so much trouble, demanding that he pay attention to it or else.  And so this morning, tucked away in a pine thicket, that is just what Siberian is doing, trying to puzzle his chaotic thoughts into clarity.  *Why* had the sight of the foal disturbed him?  There had been nothing physically wrong with the boy, no reason for his heart to clench upon seeing Misra's child.  Unless....unless, what?  Cutting through the spider web in your brain is difficult, but perhaps not so much when another part of your brain is tired of your cluelessness and possible stupidity.  With a mental growl, the bear makes its presence known within Siberian's mind once again, though with an air of exasperation instead of the fierce rage and demand for control it had once held.

(You, male.  Misra, female.  Want to.  Be. Her mate.  Colt.  Not yours.  Simple.  Stupid.  Horse.  ) And then it is silent again, leaving him reeling, both with the words that it had imparted and the fact that it *could* impart words to begin with, something it had never done before.  The bear wasn't wrong, though, he realizes.  It was part of him, after all; it couldn't lie.  And so after a moment of letting this revelation sink in, he stands up, moving along carefully and doing his best to avoid walking off the edge of a hill, or worse.  He focuses on that elusive scent that he recalls as being Misra's, canvassing the Chamber until he catches a whiff to follow, chasing after it as it becomes stronger and stronger.  Mixed in with it is a brand-new-to-him scent, not the one he had learned to associate with Misra's song, and he pauses for a moment, but forces himself to continue on before he can lose his resolve again.  He begins to hear the quiet sounds of breathing equines nearby, knows he is very close to her location now, and closes the remaining distance to her.  Yes, there is indeed a new foal with her, another one, smelling of milk and grass and sunshine, and he wonders if this one shared the same father that its older brother has.  "Hello, Misra.  I....I was hoping to find you here....I have something that....I wanted to tell you......"  He doesn't want to seem like he's ignoring the foal in this conversation, but honestly, he had come to speak only to Misra, to have a conversation with only the two of them present.  But still, it would be unfair to pretend the child wasn't there.  He tilts his dark head, nickering in friendly fashion to the foal.  "Hello, I'm Siberian, a friend of your mother's.  What's your name? "  

Siberian

The sexy grizzly boy of Beqanna