• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Young fun
    Dream sighed as he looked around. "Mom!" he called. He couldn't understand it, where was she? He had tried to follow his Uncle Knight but in doing so, he was now lost and he had no clue where he was. The young black and white colt sighed to himself as he dropped his head; unsure of what to do. Lifting it again, he nickered over and over again...but there was no answer from his mother. "Uncle Knight?" he called. "Uncle Brave? Aunt Raging? Where are you?" He tried his whole family though no one answered him once more. 

Sighing again, Dream walked over to a tree and stood there for a few minutes until she shrugged and started to toss his head, rear and lash out with his front hooves, practicing everything his uncles had taught him. Dream had been an only foal in his mother's herd or it was more like a band than a herd now that Dream thought about it. A herd was more than just two uncles, an aunt and his mom. 

As time passed, Dream started to pretend that things were after him and using what his uncles had taught him, he had to defend himself from the many dangers that his mind conjured.
    Dungaree heard noises, much like one fighting. He looked up from his grazing. The small stallion nickered a greeting to the young colt. Then Dungaree watched the cold battle, practice. He looked impressed at the foal. Dungaree shook, spraying snow off his thick, night colored pelt. His blue eyes like bits of the summer sky forever trapped, he watched as he approached. He slowly walked forward.

"Hello," he said, "I'm Dungaree. I noticed your fighting skills. You seem well trained. Could you teach me, if I may so as ask?"

Dungaree hoped he hadn't put the youngster off by his knowledge.

(OOC: Sorry it's short and pathetic. Hope you can work with it!)