• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Me myself and I.
    Out of the corner of his eye, he sees her lying down. She'll be rolling in the dust again, he thinks. Good to keep the bugs off, but not something he's particularly interested in. He hears something and turns, but Pot of Cream had spoken quietly so he does not catch it. If she had wanted him to hear, he muses, she's have said something out loud.

The trees overhead are bright with autumn reds, and he glances up. A few of the leaves are pale yellow, reminding him of the other mare that had looked so much like Pot of Cream. He wonders if Ryde had claimed her, or if he might still have a chance to have a matching pair. Pot of Cream is a good mare and will make a good mother. Why wouldn't her sister be the same?

He glances over at the cremello again, waiting to see if she has something to say yet. They have the rest of autumn still, and then the long winter and early spring. Hopefully she will begin to show signs of pregnancy by winter. She must be pregnant, he knows, but there is no harm keeping her away from other stallions regardless.
    She looks round at her belly and sees another movement.She feels the pain "Ouch!"she wasn't so quiet.She then wondered if he would claim her sister.She would enjoy being with her sister.Then her foal could see her auntie everyday."I want my sister."she said quietly to herself.
    :cool: Speed Is Key!!!-Jacksepticeye :cool:
    This time her exclamation is louder, and Njenyi glances up. She looks to be in pain - had she eaten something sour? Surely she is not feeling anything from her pregancy yet; they had only mated a few days ago and any foal inside her would be barely late enough to move, let alone kick.

Frowning, he steps closer and hears her muttered request for her sister. So she does want her here? Njenyi had thought he'd seen jealousy when he had eyed up the other golden mare. Had he been wrong? He will go and find her sister, but not only because it is what Pot of Cream wants. Njenyi is the stallion in the relationship, after all, and his needs come first. He needs a harem of mares, preferably fertile mares that will bear him more foals than there are blades of grass on the savanna.

"Hurt?" he asks her, bending down to see her better. The semi-upright flop of his chestnut mane obscures his vision for a moment, but he quickly shakes it out of his face.
    "Yes."She remembered that she had this problem.The foal would always grow fast in her womb.She hoped he wouldn't know.She might foal earlier than the third.Her birthday was the 31st but she celebrated on the 1st.
    She responds - yes, she is hurt - but nothing else. Njenyi's frown deepens, but when she does not elaborate and he sees no visible blood, he shakes his head. Mare Troubles, he thinks. The other stallions of the bachelor herd where he'd spent a fair portion of his life had spoken of them. Once your band was large enough, it was said, the mares started getting mysterious ailments. They were never fatal and there was never any proof, but they would always require constant attentiveness. This attention needed to come from the stallion, of course, and never any of the other mares.

The cure to Mare Troubles was foaling, one after another, because a mare busy mothering was a mares with no time to be ailing. Fortunately Njenyi has already taken the first step, and he reaches out to press his muzzle to her still slim barrel in what he hopes is a comforting matter.

"Okay," he says, and then gestures out toward the rest of the herdland, "Walk it off."
    "I don't want to get up."she said.She didn't feel like it.

Sorry for being so short,if you read my thread on other you know why..
    When Cream says she doesn't want to get up, Njenyi rolls his shoulders and sighs. Why are mares always so hard to understand? He scratches his nose on one striped leg before taking a few steps away to graze. She might not want to get up, but it is stil his responsibility to keep her safe. He'll stay nearby until she's ready.

ooc: I'm so sorry - it's always tough to lose a pet Sad
    ooc:I know,we don't know how he died.

She didn't know why he was behaving like this.She got up but found her legs hurt.She fell down again like a newborn foal,the weight was a lot for her to take in so quickly.
    Njenyi remains nearby, unsure what else she expects him to do. She had said she was hurt but refused to say how. She had refused to get up but wouldn't say why. He is no magician; he cannot read her mind. He can only stay close and guard her from danger.

When he hears the sound of her struggling to stand he looks up. He doesn't know what weight she struggles with, but the striped stallion moves closer. He nudges her gently and sidled up closer, clearly offering Cream his large body with which to balance herself and lean against.
    She carefully gets back up again and leans on him.She hopes he can't feel the foal or the foal's heartbeat.She stables herself as quick as she could,she took a step forward and she had balanced herself out perfectly.