• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Standing on my own two feet again [vaughan, ANY!}

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

My heart. My poor heart had broken. Oh how I wish it had just shattered, burst, exploded, or combusted but is wouldn’t, of course it wouldn’t. Every step, every breath I took as I put Volcanic Village behind me pushed the slivers of cracks from further along. It was agonizing the idea that it was over, but what other option did she have. How could she continue when he no longer visited her side, when he was always off… away elsewhere. It was one thing to be around the others that as annoying at most but when Chem slowly slipped away the realization was heavy. I denied it for a long time you know! Chem, my Chem, would never abandon me. Chem was noble, brave, my protector-- he would come back. The excuses ranged in grandeur and longevity, but even then the excuses ended. I was left with no other option but to leave-- I would not be turned into a mare who simply sat around waiting for someone who had decided to spend his time without her (whether it was on purpose or accident he had hit the end of my rope I tired of trying to make it work).

The decision was made, and the realization was terrible and thus the difficulty in leaving. But it had to be done, so I forced my hooves forward to a new start and new beginning. One where I didn’t need a savior, one where I was my own champion. I hurt and it would for a while, but I knew there were those that wanted me around so it was to them I turned. It was cold, outside the village, the sulfur heated air was much warmer at home, erm the village.  But I would get used to that in time, and Winter was still young, just frosting the grasses at night, so my coat had plenty of time to grow. Godric would find her, if he so needed. Her only son, a loved gift from her time with Chem, would understand as he had long since gone to live his own life. The winter air bit at my skin and I shivered beneath it. I gritted my teeth against it and bore on, it would get no better where I was headed.  Tundra, to Vaughan, to the one creature I knew would support me decision without question.  He had come to get me, when tundra first opened its border to mares and the like, but I had refused him. Godric was about to be born, and I felt i could not leave Chem. More so I didn’t want to, but as we all know things change, so it was time to take him up on his offer. Chamber and Tundra were allies last I checked, so I doubted Offspring would take issue with my presence.  Or so I hoped.

The journey was long, and I was tired by the time I made it to the ice nation’s border. But I stopped there as I knew I should and called for Vaughan, or Offspring, or any really, I just only knew the two names. HopefullyVaughan would be around and come quickly, but I would welcome conversation from any, as I needed the distraction from my own racing thoughts.

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

Got late, sorry end is rushed.  Also Prism if you read this, I didn't know how to explain vess leaving, so I went with Chem just got busy.... if you want me to change anything let me know and I will.
    First one head then another rears up from a snowbank;
    They are mired in one of their games, naturally.

But she calls out to any, and they can hear the forlorn note in her voice. It calls forth to their brave, bold hearts and they shake the piles of snow off their heads and their backs, emerging like strange beasts from their snowy play. First one, then the other, trailing a little to the side and behind - it is the colt, he trails his sister in a practiced stallion’s stalk until he darts ahead of her after grabbing at her tail and giving it a tight little tug. “Spear!” she shrieks, in feigned hurt, spinning back and around on her heels to give chase to the mischievous colt; the mare behind them, is forgotten.

Eventually her foreign scent blows back to them and further halts their play; curiosity sinks deep into their bodies and beckons them forth. She has a brimstone stink about her that intrigues them, as they have never scented - let alone explored - anything scorched and sulfuric. They want to know where it is she has come from to smell like that, to have such a stink become so finely ingrained in the fur that it lingers long after one has left the source of it. Plus, her reddish-bay skin is rather pretty against the snowy backdrop of the Tundra but they are still thinking of how she smells so not like them.

“Why do you smell like that?” he says.
    “Spear!” she berates her brother with a look. “I’m sorry, he has a habit of blurting things out. Can we help you at all?” Her apology is sincere, as is her offer of assistance to the mare that clearly looks a little lost and far out of her element just standing there, like they’d never let her in.

-- Spear & Spark --
    eye for an eye