• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones {any}

Nymphetamine

The morning started with a bang, well not a bang, but a rumble. The ground shook and trembled, and instantly the world changed, it was terrifying in the moment but surely his thoughts would change as time went on. The trembling was immense and there seemed to be no end to the shaking and upheaval that lasted for far too long. All day it shook, and each time Chamber and it’s members panicked, many fled, while others hid in an attempt to be safe. But in the end it didn’t matter. They all ended up at the base of a mountain, by some force that only Beqanna herself could have made possible. Allies, enemies, and everywhere in between was forced to gather there after a day of earthquakes. They knew, or course they knew… everything had changed.

Nymphetamine was among them, of he was. He had been stayed in Chamber, trying to calm those that were there as the earth shook. But The same force swept him to the mountain base. He was in shock of what stood before him, the mountain, the entire population of there around him, that he hadn’t quite felt that little extra energy that him immortality gave him.  But as the left them in in the wake of the great mountain he knew he had to ascend her peak. So when the sun had set, the earth below had settled and the populations dispersed, he started up the mount.

The trek was long, the way up was hardly clear and the air was only getting thinner. Trees and brush  were difficult to weave around and the physical strain had proven the worst enemy of adventure. The blood bay reached the top after what felt like hours. The trees scarce, and footing rocky. His sides heaved as he took in the sights from the overlook, and felt a pull at the back of his mind. His Necromancy was there, searching for a connection with some poor unfortunate soul. And the tingle of energy that was the immortality coursing through him once more. Maybe it had been there all along and he was too sidetracked to notice. But he knew he wanted to see  what would happen if he left the mountain top. Yet he lingered enjoying the feeling of his powers, the feeling like an old friend was just standing by you, the comfort of their familiarity; he wasn’t ready to leave them here just yet. 

Like a thorn to the Holy Ones

ooc: Nymphetamine would like to have immortality please.
    [Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]
    Siba didn't really know why it had happened, or how, only that everything was completely different. The filly had been scouring the mountain top for some time now, on the lookout for her dam, Nitika, or her sire, Nymphetamine. It was possible she would only be looking for one, given if the circumstances had been different, but in this case, not only had the lands changed with caused Siba to worry for her parents, but that Nitika had been visiting in the Chamber when the changes started happening.

It was all so fast; the land quaked, and she spotted her dam and sire trying to help a couple of the other horses who were starting to panic from the changes Beqanna was experiencing. Whether the horses headed deeper into the Chamber, or out to the border in the hopes they could escape the shaking, it did not matter. As Siba looked around, seeing a number of horses, including a few she recognized from the Chamber, it clicked within her mind.

Every horse in Beqanna had found his/her way here, or possibly down in that meadow she had spotted. She wondered if perhaps her dam or sire were down there, but then again, she hadn't finished searching the mountain yet. She wanted to be thorough, make sure she wasn't missing anything before she headed down.

So she turned around and kept looking, sighing quietly every time she thought she spotted her parents, but didn't. Then, a stroke of luck; a familiar blood bay form came into view, a horse whose base coat matched the paint spots on hers.

Siba started galloping up, relieved when she realized it was the same horse she'd thought it was. She called out to him, both panic and relief in her voice, "Dad!"

He doesn't know where he is, doesn't know the name of the force that had driven him (and the rest of the Chamberlings as well, to judge by the cacophony of panicked voices sounding all around him) forth from the forested kingdom.  He doesn't know if the earthquakes had completely destroyed his home, or consumed any of the few horses he felt close to.  Siberian does know one thing however, one very important thing:  the quiet voice at the back of his mind, the voice of his ursine counterpart, had fallen silent, not responding to any mental calls the stallion made to it.  And with its departure, it had gone hand in hand with his ability to shapeshift.  When the blind horse realizes this, panic immediately sets in, and he only barely manages to not begin rushing heedlessly through the alien landscape.  His ears pin back in fright, clouded eyes widen, but he forces himself to take it slow, tapping a hoof carefully along the unseen path in his best imitation of a white cane.   Voices swirl all about him, angry, frightened, lost.  He tries asking for help, for news, but the disaster has apparently not affected only the Chamber, and his words are lost in the verbal tumult.  A horse bumps into him, luckily not hard enough to knock the Budyonny off of his feet, and he manages to steady himself.  

He begins to notice that the ground seems to be rising beneath his careful hooves, and the air is becoming thinner.  He couldn't recall that there were any mountains in Beqanna; was it a result of whatever had happened?  At some point, he feels the ground leveling out into a summit, and he feels secure enough to come to a stop.  A wisp of familiar scent teases his nose, and he inhales deeply, aiming his head in the direction that it had come from.  Was it Nymph, his closest friend?  He follows after it like the beacon that it is, focusing only upon that smell and no other horse's, until it is strong enough to silently proclaim that he now stands in the presence of the blood bay.  Breathing out a great sigh of relief to have found something of home again, to not be alone anymore, he whickers a tired greeting to the necromancer.  Listening for the sound of the other stallion's breathing, he bumps his muzzle against the other's in a "broski" gesture.  Gradually calming, his senses inform him of another close by, a female with youthful voice and a scent reminiscent of Nymph's own....one of his offspring?  He definitely had a few scattered about, but only one had currently been in the Chamber before it all fell apart.   "Hello, Nymph, and....Siba? What has happened? "

Siberian

The sexy grizzly boy of Beqanna

Nymphetamine

The Mountain was like an oasis, a moment in time where he was able feel the way he was used before the insane day they all had. As he stood atop the mount he knew he had to move on, let go of the familiarity of his gifts and rebuild. But he heard rustling behind him and he turned, to the white and bay pintabian form of his daughter, Siba. She had grown so much, and was no longer a little thing who needed her mother or father. Nymhpetamine would welcome conversation with her at any time and aid her should she ask, but she was grown and had made her own way. It had been some since her last visit and Nikita seemed to come less and less as Falls withdrew from Chamber even more so after the raid. But the exclaim that came from her mouth made him relieved that at least one of his children were safe and accounted for.

The blood bay spun on his heel and trotted to Siba, nickering to her in reply. He nuzzled her side in reassurance, that she was fine, he was fine, and all else would be fine. ”Siba, I’m glad you are safe! Did you get separated from your mother? How are the others from Falls, have they fared well after today’s events?” He knew they had been in Chamber to see him, but who know what had happened since the start of the day and who they had seen. Even if those who resided in the Falls were not his friends, he hoped no one had been injured badly. Another sound came to him then, the distinct sound of a tap-step, tap-step, from just before the summit. There were a few blind horses but only one he knew and really cared for. And sure enough, the head of Siberian appeared before him, and with it the undeniable reaction of Sib determining that Nymph indeed was before him. Nymph called to him too, and Sib had indeed realized Siba was with them as well.

Nymphetamine went to Sib and guided him back to Siba staying by the blind stallion’s side as his eyes. Things had been tense between them in the past year, but they had been working through it. The warning had been a difficult time for the once-necromancer and he had coped poorly. Siberian seemed to have forgiven him after a time but they still held awkward moments between them from time to time. Days like today though, he hoped all the wrinkles in their past would stay away, as it had been too eventful to dwell on. They had to band together, work this out so that they all would come out the other side as unscathed as possible. Siberian, old friend, I’m glad to see you safe after such a trying day! Have you noted any other Chamberlings about? Killdare? Malis? What of Kimber, or the other warriors? The bay wondered if there would be enough Chamberlings left to piece back together. Where was Killdare? What would he want for those he ruled over? Did he wish them to reunite, or would he want to let things go and start over? While he enjoyed the comfort of the mountain, he knew he had to return to the remaining lands below so that he could take action, but he would wait for the conversation to commence first, as they had just been reunited.

Like a thorn to the Holy Ones

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]
    Siba nuzzled her sire as he did the same, the filly expressing relief that he was safe. She listened to him as he said he was glad she was okay, but then moved to the topic of her dam. Remembering what she'd been doing before she found her sire, the filly began to panic a little again.

"I... I don't know Dad... Mom was... she was supposed to head home before this happened... she started helping the others from the Chamber... but I lost her in the chaos... I... I don't know where she is...

"I saw Raxa and a couple others from the Falls I knew, so they're safe, and I'm assuming that Kreios is gathering the others. But... I still haven't been able to find Mom... I don't know what to do... I'm scared for her Dad... What if we can't find her? What if she's been hurt? What if she's lost?!" Siba exclaimed frantically.

Before Nymphetamine could offer an answer, another stallion appeared. It was Siberian, a stallion Siba knew from the Chamber. He was a nice enough horse, from what she remembered, though her memory was still a bit fuzzy from the blows to it she'd taken when she'd fallen a couple of times, trying to escape the chaos of the changing lands.

Even if he couldn't see, Siba knew that his sense of smell still worked. Nitika had hung around in the Chamber often enough that the stallion would've probably recognized her smell had he come across it on his way here to meet Siba and Nymphetamine.

So, naturally, the filly turned to the blind stallion and bombarded him with the question that had been on her mind for the past number of hours, "Siberian, have you seen my mom at all? Caught her scent anywhere? I've been looking all over for her, but I haven't been able to find her... I'm really scared..."