• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the witch is in
    [style].sundaypic2{background-image:url("http://barbellsandbeakers.com/beqanna/witchflygif.gif");width:500px;height:500px;z-index:1;border:black solid 1px}.sundaytext2{z-index:2;width:400px;height:370px;position:relative;top:20px;overflow-y:auto;color:#ffffff;text-align:justify;font-family:times;background-color:#000000;opacity: 0.4;filter: alpha(opacity=40);padding:10px;}.sundayname2{z-index:3;position:relative;top:30px;color:#ffffff;font-size:25pt;font-family:times;letter-spacing:10px;}.sundayquote{z-index:7;position:relative:bottom:80px;color:#000000;font-family:times;font-size:8pt;}[/style]
    It is through chance Sunday finds them.

When she awoke on the Mountain she did so under a great bed of moss and leaves. As she was inclined to do, she fell asleep one day and woke up many, many days later. It took the great shifting of the lands for her to rise from the cool confines of the slumber bed she'd created. A modern day sleepy beauty - minus a kiss or a prince. She simply is.

A quick trip down the Mountain told her what she'd lost.
    A quick conversation with children told her that many others were lost, too.

So she begins her wandering, a great zig-zag pattern across Beqanna to find the sisters she left behind so long ago. The landscape is alien and rises and falls in great patches of mismatched work. It blends with the rest of the land easily enough, but the contrast between it all is striking. Sunday marvels at the beauty, at the ease in which Beqanna simply creates. She is silent on its ability to fold, though - that she keeps to herself.

Ahead a great misty fog settles over the land, too thick for her to see through. She cannot penetrate it, and the thought concerns her.

Just as quickly as she came upon it, it is gone.

In its stead is a glimmering coast, a land unlike any other she'd seen. And there...her sisters.
    SUNDAY

never put your faith in a prince. when you require a miracle, trust in a witch

warriors do not show their heart

until the axe reveals it

The beauty and awe of Beqanna’s powers to create are lost on Lagertha. Give it time, and she might find it all rather miraculous; for truly it is something that should be etched into their brains. They are at the mercy of the land they live in. For all their powers, they can be wiped off the map in a heartbeat. It doesn’t sit well with Lagertha, who’s always believed in hard work and making her own way in the world. That it can all be undone in a second is… disheartening. Which is perhaps why she doesn’t think about it.

Post-nap, the silver scarred mare wanders the land, looking for non-sandy food as her stomach growls its displeasure. Pulling mouthful after mouthful from the ground, Lagertha comes upon the sweet little witch and decides that she might be up for some company. With a swallow and a low nicker, the former Queen approaches the bay mare. “Hello, Sunday. It’s good to see you again.” Eager to keep the conversation away from herself, she continues with a question. “What do you think of our new home?”

Lagertha

fire image
    breaking waves of change
    Though the change was rough on the residents of Beqanna and the lands torn away from them, it seemed as though all the kingdoms had joined together, mixed up. Except for the women of the Jungle. They were tied to the land, their beloved jungle, but they had ultimately managed to aid in killing it. Though the fairies were nice enough to grant our panther queen's small group a land to call their own once again, Naga was sure to not let this one be desecrated by magical wars.

She had gone up the mountain again, ultimately gaining her ability to shift back from them. She felt whole again...and she traveled the whole way back to the coast in her panther form. Since it had taken her over a day to return, she was not able to greet those who had arrived to seek a home within their new land. As the dark feline slinked across the charcoal cliffs, her deep green eyes flashed toward a bay woman being greeted by Lagertha. She was glad her advisor was actively helping to bring in sisters, be they old or new.

The bay woman was none other than Sunday, Naga remembered her from countless kingdom meetings back in the jungle. She leaped down from cliff to cliff until she made it down toward the sandy grey beach, and lept down on an eroded dark boulder beside them. She was about equal in height to them now, her panther form being much shorter than a horse, so she stayed there a moment. She made it just in time to catch the end of Lagertha's question, she took a moment to let her answer before saying hello.

"Sunday, it is very nice to see you. I am glad you found your way to us. Welcome to the coast. Not sure if you remember me, but I am Naga. We attended many meetings together back in the jungle. I hope you have been well, the shift really did scatter us."

She takes a moment to turn to Lagertha, her green eyes smiling.

"Lagertha, good evening. Hope your nap was a good one. The sound of the ocean has put me right to sleep since we have been here. It is great. I hope you are feeling more refreshed."

With that she left the stage open for Sunday, she wondered how she had been. Where she had found herself after the disappearance and reforming of the lands. There were many sisters that had not come out of the woodwork yet that she wonders will ever reappear. She mostly worried about Draconis, after finding Rhy lifeless on the beach, she worried for her. She hopes she will find her way here like many of the others that had been pulled here on their own.
    Naga
    [style].sundaypic2{background-image:url("http://barbellsandbeakers.com/beqanna/witchflygif.gif");width:500px;height:500px;z-index:1;border:black solid 1px}.sundaytext2{z-index:2;width:400px;height:370px;position:relative;top:20px;overflow-y:auto;color:#ffffff;text-align:justify;font-family:times;background-color:#000000;opacity: 0.4;filter: alpha(opacity=40);padding:10px;}.sundayname2{z-index:3;position:relative;top:30px;color:#ffffff;font-size:25pt;font-family:times;letter-spacing:10px;}.sundayquote{z-index:7;position:relative:bottom:80px;color:#000000;font-family:times;font-size:8pt;}[/style]
    If there's one thing that remains unchanged about Sunday, it's her love of company and others. Where others might have a malicious bone or tooth in their body, Sunday lacked all of that. She was quick with a smile, even quicker with a compliment, and not one to be put off by any situation. Her homeland - the place that took her in when she was nothing more than a shivering mess of a creature? - was gone. This was upsetting, but she powered through. The Amazon way.

But they weren't the Amazons anymore.
    The jungle was gone, and in its place stood a glimmering coast. It was rocky, but it was just as lush as the land before. Generous, giving - like a mother. Like women. Really, it was fitting. Jungles can be inhospitable, but this Coast was loving. Nurturing. It spoke more to Sunday than the brooding jungle did.

"Lagertha," she greets, her smile wide and quick. She knows the mare is not one that prefers touch, so she avoids nipping her. Naga then shifts from her panther form, and Sunday can remember her - though like a dream. A vision of a land that no longer exists, far far away. "Yes, quite a change, quite a new home. I do believe I remember you, Naga. It's wonderful to see you again. Looks like we're now the Sisterhood of the Sea!" She allows a light laugh at this.

"I'm afraid I missed the commotion. I seem to have fallen asleep and when I woke up..." she shrugs to indicating this. Moss still clung to the bits of her dark mane, the last remnants of the jungle. "Looks like the earth grew over me."
    SUNDAY

never put your faith in a prince. when you require a miracle, trust in a witch

warriors do not show their heart

until the axe reveals it

Lagertha has always like Sunday, even though they are very much opposites. Some part of her admires the bay witch for always having a positive attitude and kind heart. Which is not to say that Lagertha was not kind from time to time, or that she was a negative nancy. No, she simply acted mostly in the “neutral” ranges of expression; logic and reason and matter-of-factness ruled her demeanor, save for a precious few. The General is excellent in a crisis, and terrible when there is nothing to do but twiddle one’s proverbial thumbs.

She is not a Queen meant for times of peace - that much is certain. Her attitude however, has yet to catch up with the current circumstances. For a response to the panther’s appearance, Lagertha nods a hello, and keeps the rest rather brief. “Slept like a rock, and am now as hungry as a horse.” which is her poor attempt at a joke, because they are surrounded by rocks, and are actually horses. The dry humor makes sense in her mind. But Sunday’s new nickname for the Sisterhood is apt, and likeable, and Lagertha cannot help but chuckle along. “Oh, I like that…” She says the name again, savoring the sibilant s’s and the taste of salt in the air. “Sisterhood of the Sea…”

And while they were talking about it… Lagertha turns to face Naga, a question on her lips. “Have we decided on a name for our new home yet?” She imagines that the suggestions are many and varied, with each woman having an opinion. Sometimes it’s a wonder they get anything done.

Lagertha

fire image