• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

; i stand amid the roar of a surf-tormented shore
    this was not her jungle.

her heart ached to think that it was gone - a deep and untouchable ache. she had returned - wild, free, alive - but there was nothing to be found. nothing familiar, at least.

the jungle had been home. no, it had been much, much more than a simple home. it had been her best friend, her mother, her mentor - a living, breathing entity that had bled LIFE in to her soul. her step still whispered of that same wildness, the ribbon of hoofprints behind her a testament to where she had been and where she had come from.

simple brown eyes held a thousand stories even though a blanket had been thrown over them, now. hybris could not forget the thoughts of the lives that had touched her - the memories were not so easily silenced. although this beqanna had changed drastically (and though she found the silence so very disconcerting) hybris pressed on.

my sparrow would ALWAYS fly free.

agile, almost serpentine, she weaves her way along the coast, pulled by an invisible thread. she knew without asking - without, even, the thousand voices to inform her - that this would be her new home. this would be her destiny. she called to them, her sisters, and begged of them their company.

come, teach me, learn from me. let us share a thousand stories. let us write a thousand more.

hybris ; it was but a dream within a dream

breaking waves of change
    The land, she sleeps, though the wild, crashing waves of the coast were wide awake. The night was a warmer one, the sand still warm from the sun's rays that day. Naga had been milling around the new kingdom most the day, getting to know every nook and cranny of it. She also wanted to be sure she kept an eye out for returning sisters. She wished they were all here, but of course, when the shift happened, they were separated. Of course she was upset over the loss of the jungle, but she knew she had to move forward. Dwelling on it and obsessing over the loss of it, would not get this new kingdom far.

She draws in a deep salty breath of air, something smelled like jungle. Her pony-like dished head raised up high, small foxy ears pricking forward, listening for the sound of hoof beats. When she hears a cry full of passion and wanting, she realizes the sound is coming from the coastline behind her. There, dotted white in the expanse of the grey toned coast and the dark blue of the night sky. Our dark queen turns and pushes off in the mare's direction, letting out a warm welcoming whinny. She slows, her chubby compact boddy bouncing to a walk before stopping a respectful distance.

Naga had never met this woman before, though she smells of jungle. Naga's curiosity piqued, but she knew that if this woman smelled of her beloved jungle, and if she was drawn here by that same invisible pull....she must be a sister. Her voice is warm and welcoming, her naturally deep and silky voice sounded as if she were a part of the warm breeze coming from the ocean.

"Welcome to the coast, are....were you a sister of the Jungle? My name is Naga, might I ask yours?"

She paused a moment for the girl to answer, though her mind was building with questions. She wanted to know what this woman was all about. What her history with the jungle was, what did she know..she was always so curious about the history of her beloved Jungle and Sisters.

"I hope you journey was an easy one, will you be staying with us?"

She left it at that...not wanting to bombard her with questions the second she strolls into town. Lesson one as a queen, do not scare away old sisters with nine hundred "giddy-child" questions. She looked her over, her green eyes taking in the mares shape, any scars or bumps from her warrior woman past. Though unless her assumption of being an Amazon is wrong, but she couldn't not recognize a sister of the Jungle when she sees and smells one.
    Naga
    oh there were scars to be found! a web of them - how much like her mother she had become! - each with a story to tell. a lesson learned, a battle lost, a victory earned. a thousand stories written in the parchment of her flesh, but hybris was not done, yet. once more she had picked up the pen, though the tip was not so sharp now. it was not a blade to main or mark but a tool to weave her words in to the history books. hybris had fought for her jungle, for her sisters, but those days were behind her. it was her voice she offered, now. her voice and her skills as a diplomat.

fight if she must, but it was not her intent.

still she stood proud before the one that came - empress, surely - and did not balk nor hesitate. hybris was an amazon; though the sparrow had not been born as one it was what defined her now. it was the one thing that she KNEW was true and permanent.

"hybris," a gift in return for one given, "and yes, though i am sure you already knew that." they were already sisters, whether they wished to be or not. but when had hybris ever turned away a sister?

"it was long ago." she is old, now, but she is not useless. tell me, empress, do you see her worth? hybris stood before the queen and allowed herself to be judged, to be truly seen, and she is not afraid. "but i have returned, if you will have me." it was hardly a question - she already knew the answer.

they were sisters after all.

hybris ; it was but a dream within a dream