• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

warriors do not show their heart

until the axe reveals it

The General has been lax lately. They all have been, after the initial panic and flurry to find a new home. Now that the Coast (ah, excuse me - Nerine) is safely in their grasp and named, everyone seems to have disappeared again. Lagertha briefly wonders if the other lands have experienced the same die-off, though she knows it is the way of Beqanna. A new ruler, a momentous event - it rustles the shadows and draws the curious out of the woodwork. The sleeping giants wake and wonder if they should deign to comment on the change. Some come and renew their pledges, but with peace - well, it is all very boring, now isn’t it?

This peace is different; the landscape has changed and they should be exploring the other lands. Lagertha is not, and has never pretended to be, a diplomat - but even she wonders why no one has come knocking on their doors. Soon the scarred gray mare will call Nayl and any other warrior-types to her side to go over the land, charging them to learn the land intimately and to resume training. Her powers have returned and a healthy routine of rest and repast have restored her to the woman she was before the Raid.

Here, strangers cannot hide so easily. The Jungle offered plenty of cover (assuming a sister never smelled the intruder), but Nerine is open, save for the saves on the edge of the beach. The musky scent of a stallion (indeed, one she met while she was Khaleesi) is quickly carried to her on the ocean’s breeze, and without anything to do, Lagertha decides to investigate. She follows it to find Nayl and two strangers, arriving on the heels of the stallion. “I know you,” replies, and then quickly follows it with, “Or I’ve at least tried to run you through awhile ago.” A wry smile. Her way of apologizing, if he wants to take it that way. She nods to the white mare and Nayl and then introduces herself to the two newcomers. “I’m Lagertha. This is quite the party.”  

Lagertha

fire image

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Nayl - 09-23-2016, 02:39 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Hybris - 09-25-2016, 11:45 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 09-26-2016, 01:30 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Hybris - 09-27-2016, 11:09 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ainlif - 10-03-2016, 03:45 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Lagertha - 10-06-2016, 01:03 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 10-07-2016, 02:11 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Hybris - 10-11-2016, 11:22 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ainlif - 10-21-2016, 08:40 PM