• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

I want to walk with you on a cloudy day
    In fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high

"no," she answered after a short pause, "i do not remember that name. though i must admit my mind is not as sharp as it used to be." many years she had lived and now she had returned with none of the same voices to guide her. strange to ache for the very thing she had once cursed.

"i lived in the jungle around the time of prague's rule. there was also nativity and oliphander. before your grandmother's time, most likely." hybris was far older than she appeared.

it was a good conversation, a simple getting to know one another, but then they were joined by another. and another. the first was a stallion and though he seemed almost desperate for them to recognize him, hybris could not say that she did. while his name rang some small bell she imagined that it was only because it held a similarity to another - she had been gone far too long to know many here. "i am sorry, but no. i am hybris, though. it is nice to meet you." that was all she had to offer, and then they were joined by another. this one did know the stallion, and hybris felt as though she should hush, now.

"hybris," she gave, and recognized the name as the leader of the warriors. it was a caste she had considered joining, but she trusted that her fighting days were behind her. hybris was no spring chicken and while she still had the heart of a warrior she knew that there were those more capable of defending with their flesh and blood.

Come away with me, in the night
    Come away and I will write you a song

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Nayl - 09-23-2016, 02:39 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Hybris - 09-25-2016, 11:45 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 09-26-2016, 01:30 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Hybris - 09-27-2016, 11:09 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ainlif - 10-03-2016, 03:45 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Lagertha - 10-06-2016, 01:03 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 10-07-2016, 02:11 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Hybris - 10-11-2016, 11:22 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ainlif - 10-21-2016, 08:40 PM