• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

well, well, well; hestia, any

This is Major Tom to Ground Control. I'm stepping through the door and I'm floating in a most peculiar way. And the stars look very different today. For here am I sitting in a tin can. Far above the world, Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do.

In all his motha fudgin' splendor, the purple stallion lands delicately upon the shores of the coast. One glittering nail then the next until all four are rested in the damp black sand. The white glittered wings fold neatly along his spine while he gives the place a 'once over'. The kitty cat queen had asked his purpleness to join up with her and the sisters. Sisters?! How could he say no? He had moved through the skies with ease. He had not been born with wings but with the reckoning came changes. No longer was he a healer (as he found out when he bit his tongue and tried to heal it up) but instead he could fly. 

How perfectly unusual.

So now, as splendidly long limbs move him up the sandy embankment to actual soil, the duo tones pools catch sight of another. A ringing clear tenor call exits his lips for a few short moments before a smile replaces his. The velvety stallion plucks his way neatly over the ground before he offers a small dip of his skull, white mane glinting in the sun. "Well hello there, dearie." The rhythm of his voice breaks the quiet with it's sing-song manner. "I do believe your lovely queen invited me to Nerine." He purrs the words casually while looking around at the gorgeousness of the land. The sea salt in the air spurred excitement and the rhythmic lap of the ocean water caresses his very soul.

Bowie's attention flits back to the mare as he cocks his head slightly, smiling at her genuinely with the careless ease of a boy. "I'm Bowie...pleasure to meet you, love." The smooth words hang in the humid air of water and land. Two toned eyes lay upon the other with careful intrigue, lobes peaked forward as he waited for her reply.

Bowie.

were it not for the constant roar of the water meeting sand she would have found it too quiet. there was life here, yes, but it was not the same. it was not the constant murmur of living creature and foliage that had embraced the jungle. it was not the thick humidity that clung to the flesh and warmed the very soul. it was different - not bad, not good, just different.

our sparrow would adapt, surely. in time she would grow more accustomed to the brine-scented air and surf-roar sounds and it would not be so strange. for now she stood alone and stared at the ocean as if she sought to unravel it's mysteries and determine why exactly she was here. why was it THIS place that beqanna had given them?

there was a wildness, of course, that matched the heart of the sisters, but...

and there her thought was interrupted by a rather startling arrival. not only was he sparkly but he was, well, a he. stallions weren't unheard of amongst the amazons - they had lovers and friends alike (she remembered magnus, vividly) - they just didn't usually barge in so brazenly. of course he was quick to explain himself and she wondered why the queen had invited him. what did he have to offer?

as hybris sought to unravel this new mystery she listened to his greeting and offered one in return. "i am hybris." rather than puzzle any longer she simply asked. "pardon my curiosity, but why? did you live in the jungle before?"

hybris ; it was but a dream within a dream

This is Major Tom to Ground Control. I'm stepping through the door and I'm floating in a most peculiar way. And the stars look very different today. For here am I sitting in a tin can. Far above the world, Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do.

And so a snowy white mare with rather pleasurable features meets the two toned eyes of the purple stallion. A relaxed smile crossed the length of his lips as lobes flick to catch her words. He watches her closely, his reflection in the circles of her eyes like pretty little wading pools.

She offers her name with unabashed curiosity filling the air about them. Bowie does not shake it off for he understands her question to the fullest extend and is more than happy to return with a little chitty-chat. In time, Hestia (though he hasn't learned her name yet) would chime in but until then Bowie gives the porcelain lamb his full face and attention. "Well, my little pet, sometimes we do not all fit ever so lovely in a Tiffany's box tied up with a bow. Sometimes our very essence can not be tamed by fire, ice, or even stone. This is why I decided to take the lovely Naga up on her offer and live amongst the strong and wild and pretty things. Here I do not have to force myself into one particular category or mold. I am who I want to be and your queen understands so very much about the world and it's boundless curiosities." Bowie concludes with a quirked smile, hoping the mare was satisfied...hoping she understood the boisterous man.

The amethyst stained creature waits for the words to wash over like the very waves near them before continuing. "No, I have not known the Jungle when she existed but I did know your Queen." The tones sing-song in their rhythmic and lulling fashion. The blue and brown eyes flicker from their focal point as if Naga should be joining their small discussion but the panther queen is not around but Bowie is very much content continuing the lazy afternoon conversation with Hybris. "I must say, it is very lovely to meet you Hybris. Tell me, love, what brings you to Nerine? Drifter? Sister? Somewhere in between the cracks?" He speaks gently with a smile with a dipped skull as he was curious of her story. Was she an odd shaped and out spoken thing like he? Or perhaps she followed after the Amazons like a happy toddler? Either way, the blue and brown eyes capture her form with an eagerness for her words.

Bowie.