• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Mandatory for those interested in peace caste. And info about new caste.
    she, like some of the others, was not convinced.

in fact hybris found herself shaking her head along with the rest - barring one - as her lips turned down to a slight frown. some of the others spoke up and voiced the same concerns that she had, but here she did not remain silent. the voices of many were stronger than that of one, in this case.

"i also disagree with having to carry on the position through our flesh and blood. as others have said - what if they do not want the role? far be it from me to ever force a child of mine to be something they did not wish to be." ah, sage, are you listening?

she did not stop there, though. "one of the things i have always valued most about the sisterhood is that it does not favor blood over loyalty. we have long welcomed those that simply chose to stand behind us, those that the jungle embraced. we have trusted in our own strength to see through to those that were not true." this was what they should do.

"i see value in having a historian and in having an apprentice - i do not think that the role of the latter should be closed solely to those of the former's blood." if a mare was barren, then, but had an excellent mind and a gift for storytelling would it mean that she could not fit the role? hybris snorted at the thought and waited to hear what their leader would have to say.

hybris ; it was but a dream within a dream

breaking waves of change
    Bad idea, bad idea. She yells at herself in her head. But, this is all new to her, and she was allowed a few mistakes, no one is perfect, and no one does perfectly within the first few weeks of trying something new. Though, instead of getting angry or upset over the angered voices of the sisters gathered, she nods her head and listens carefully to all of them, taking their voices in and analyzing their words with careful consideration. Though one mare, dark like her, and somehow familiar looking steps forward to volunteer...but...with all others opposing, she couldn't let that pass just because one mare was willing. She had to take all of their opinions to heart. She sighs and smiles lightly. Her voice is steady, deep, and silky as usual. Not breaking under pressure. Even though she felt as if she had the weight of the world on her shoulders. She showed only grace underneath it.

My sisters, I hear your concerns and take your opinions very seriously. As I said, this was just a general idea and it can change. So, I hereby rule that we drop the idea of having a child be born into the position. Though, we wouldn't have made you have multiple babies just for the position, nor would we have forced you to continue to bare children for the sake of this position. Or make a child take the position against their will. Also....It is true, we as the sisterhood always value loyalty over blood, because even I know, you cannot always trust your own blood."

She pauses a moment....remembering the awfulness of her own mother. If she were here, and Naga gave her a position just because she was blood, she would probably end up murdering everyone above her, even her own daughter, just to become queen. Nope, she was wrong to even think about asking the women to bare child just for the sake of a position. She nodded again, looking to each and every one of the women with compassion in her eyes. Hoping to show them she did care, she was not there to make them feel as if this kingdom would be a dictatorship or some sort of baby making prison for women.

I want you all to know this kingdom, I want this to be a place where women feel safe and at home. Though, I would like to announce now, that men are welcome. Meaning, if you have a male child, they are welcome to stay if they wish, even into adulthood. Even though men are around, I want you all to feel like you have control of your body and your future.

That being said. Everyone will have a fair chance at the positions they want in this kingdom, and loyalty and activity will be the key to success in raising in the ranks. As for the Spiritual Caste members, I will be holding another meeting once we work out formulating and perfecting the rolls of the position. We brought it up today as to get some opinions. Thank you all for your help, your word and opinions are valued greatly here.

Any other questions or concerns?"

She left the floor open once again, allowing for the women to step forward and give more of their thoughts, especially now after Naga even admitted it was not a good idea for the blood bit. She hoped this ordeal wouldn't make the ladies feel like leaving. She hoped she could redeem herself. Inside, she felt as if she was letting them down, but on the outside she only exuded compassion and grace under the pressure. The judging stares, the angry voices, she had to remember that it was only because they cared about the sisterhood and didn't want old traditions to be destroyed. But, there needed to be change. Somehow. But, she would find other ways, less anger inducing ways, to make changes with their traditions. She hoped she wouldn't lose their support over this...here was hoping for some happier faces.
    Naga
    sweet as sugar, hard as ice.
    if you hurt me once, i'll kill you twice.

Hestia isn’t bothered by their questions; she encourages it more than anything. Why the tension in the air is so thick she still fails to understand. So the first approaches, she asks a few questions, but before Hestia can answer another pipes up echoing the same concerns. Naga comes explaining to them, the bond between mother and child is a strong one. She is bored with the trifles and whims of it all, and besides that, unlike most she would let the queen do the ruling. As the woman talks Hestia can hear the growth that is blooming inside her, the strength once hidden being coaxed out with the questions and objections of beautifully head strong mares that make up the sisterhood. Hestia does not let the smile slip out, but her eyes glitter with it, she was right to support Naga. The jaguar queen would move them into the new world gracefully, for as many traditions as they would have to give up, new ones seemed to already be developing. She would sooth their souls to the best of her ability, ease their pain, but also she is growing in strength and leadership, a confidence Naga would need, in order to keep the band together.

Hestia allows the discussion to continue, then Lagertha shows up, pushing the others into action. Now things become amusing for this old hag, it’s not often that she gets to see a new queen outright challenged like this, after all, it’s not as if anything has been set in stone. The only thing she finds disappointing is the childish way that Lagertha brings her protest to attention rallying the group to stand against an idea that was only in the beginning stages. Was she trying to create a division? Hestia’s curiosity is peeked now, she would be watching, and learning all that she could to see what the real issue is. Again Hestia waits, allowing Naga to assert herself, they have time, maybe if they could bicker it all out now, there wouldn’t be so much tension later.

In any case, this is a great way to find out exactly who is who, and what they all know about the caste they desire to take part in. Hestia’s main purpose here is to lead the peace caste, she is here to help in the guidance of the spiritual caste, whoever may be chosen. Building trust among the women, defusing situations, and leading them in a way that would allow peace to reign is the point to everything that she will be doing from now on. Now that you are all aware of the potential new caste, let’s get back to some of the questions about the peace caste. Primarily if you do not want to do the tasks assigned to you in the peace caste, you do not need to…. However, I see no need in this caste for those that do not desire to work. This time she does smile, a sweet gentle smile of self-confidence, making a point of looking at Djinni. She had been raised by her mother with the sole purpose in mind that she would one day take Jadis’ place as advisor, Hestia had run as far from that position as she possibly could, and yet here she is back, exactly where her life started out. Was it fate? Was she destined for this, as her mother had said she was? Or was it simply another measure Beqanna was taking to make sure that Hestia followed through with her duty?

Whatever the reason may be, here she stands amongst the woman that she has been raised to help and support. The role of the peace caste is to initiate, and culture relationships with the other groups gathering in lands that Beqanna has granted them. We will also be hosting events and seeking out any that need, or desire a home. I will delegate these tasks as I see who fits the requirements for the task best. Is that all the questions for the peace caste? She waits a little longer to hear them out. Immortality can take a toll, but death’s toll is far longer, and colder to bare, one that she has no desire to return to anytime soon. Maybe one day it would bring peace and warmth for her, but her age old soul is still restless, it still wants to learn. Even with all the aches and scars she bares something still tugs at her to hold on a bit longer. Hestia looks to each woman present, dead and cold as always void of anything lifelike, she is slowly falling back into her old ways, Fennick had shaven down her edges. Now they are coming back in full force. After the banter dies out she continues with her final words Now to be initiated into the peace caste recruit three horses. Your placement will be determined after that.. Where was Fennick? Her dear sweet Fennick, the only one to make her truly laugh, the only one to bare her children, the only one she ever let herself touch, and only one she let touch her.

Hestia

OOC: Anyone interested in the peace caste please let me know below your post in OOC. Its difficult to tell who is interested and who isn't when its all IC. Thank you. When you recruit three horses to join send me a PM.
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]
    Celeana is interested! <3
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Heda • Vecna • Vilja
    Sunday is interested!
    Djinni is interested Smile
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster